General Photos Comments - St Helens Connect

Showing General Photos Comments

macsmith
Sun, 22 Jul 2018, 13:54.
according to the 1901 and 1911 census records, my family (great grand parents and grandfather) lived in number 82.  Their name was Wright.  Searching for traces of them in this great website...Link to Photo
maryn
Thu, 3 May 2018, 8:52.
I recognise most of the children in this photo. Happy days.Link to Photo
vswift
Wed, 28 Feb 2018, 0:12.
This is Ravenhead Glass formerly Plate Glass Works viewed from Prescot Road showing Carriage Drive and Dam before Pilkingtons head office was built It's not a CollieryLink to Photo
eejayess
Mon, 6 Nov 2017, 16:17.
My uncle Les Fairclough who played for Saints was landlord of the Liverpool Arms after he retired from Saints until his death in 1951, then his wife and son took it over for a while.Link to Photo
Callander
Thu, 22 Jun 2017, 16:30.
Recognise some of my classmates from Windlehurst Primary days - Stan Crosby, Eric Hale, Alan UNsworth, Geoffrey Skelland and my close friend Roger Clarke.Link to Photo
Callander
Thu, 22 Jun 2017, 16:13.
Two years after me but remember Mike Beddow who was an oustanding sportsman playing cricket for Lancashire and rugby league at Knowsley Road then at Oldham. He was previously at Windleshaw Primary School who we played (WIndlehurst) unsuccessfully at cricket and football, mainly because of Mike. George Bridge was also at Windlehust and a good sportsman. Remember also Billy French who played scrum half.Link to Photo
Zeta
Mon, 10 Apr 2017, 15:42.
Yes I did mean this photoLink to Photo
Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 23:19.
Did you mean this picture?

Linked to Eccleston Hall Colliery

Zeta
Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 16:42.
I have seen a photo of a group of gentlemen imposed on this map ,how do I find it on this site .
I think it is the final auction of the colliery equipment in 1910 , can anyone give me information please .
Tue, 15 Nov 2016, 15:18.
@ jwood60

It was demolished and rebuilt and integrated into the Queen's Park Health and Fitness Centre.
jwood60
Sun, 30 Oct 2016, 21:57.
I used to swim for the county here,and have a flash back from when I was about 7/8 yrs old,that one of the school bullies pushed me in the deep end of the pool,I couldn't swim properly,one of the lads that was there jumped in and saved my life,after that I soon learned to swim,got my bronze,silver,gold and life saving certificates here,I wish I could remember the young lads name that saved me that day,so I could thank him,I ended up being able to swim for my school,and the county,as well as many diving championships,is it still going,or is it like many other places in St Helens,been sent to the scrap heap and closed downLink to Photo
jwood60
Tue, 18 Oct 2016, 21:30.
did this used to be the school on Moss Bank,it certainly looks like itLink to Photo
jwood60
Tue, 18 Oct 2016, 20:22.
Oh how this theatre has changed over the years,I used to sing and dance here every year in the Girl Guides,Scouts,and Brownies Gala,also in the Xmas pantamine's ,I have a lot of fond memories of the old theatre,and just wonder if the inside and stage area has changed,just as much as the outside front has,I am very surprised that it is still standing,there was also a bus station at the rear of the building,don't know if that has moved or not,but I am talking from 1959 up until 1967/68Link to Photo
jwood60
Thu, 13 Oct 2016, 22:09.
@ Roger

when was this please,because my foster father William Brackley was the caretaker there when I went to school there from 1965 to 68 when the school closed down,I then went on to Rivington Road
Dicky D