Schools Comments - St Helens Connect

Showing Schools Comments

Jwood60
Wed, 5 Oct 2016, 23:39.
I attended Knowsley from 1959 to 1965 not that I can remember any of my teachers,apart from one elderly lady when I first started there,she was ever so kind,I was in a class with a young girl that wore a calaper ,I think she had had polio as a child,I think she lived at the top of oxford street,problem is ,I was brought up with foster parents,and I have absolutely NO photo's of me growing up,as they kept all the photos when I moved away from them,so would love to find out anyone who remembers me,or might have school group photos,I was known then as Joane Wood/Brackley and had 2 sisters Eva and Margaret ( Maggie),so I am trying to find old school friends and anyone who remember me at all from school,please get in touch thanks,we were also in the Brownies and girl guides and used to put on a play every year at the theater Royal in town,as well as Xmas pantos every yearLink to School
Jwood60
Wed, 5 Oct 2016, 23:25.
I attended Rivington from 1967to 69 after St Mary's closed down in 1967 on Keswick St,I cant remember any of my teachers,I know I excelled at sports and cooking and maths,I am trying to find people who remember me from my school days,I was known as Joane Wood/Brackley ,as I lived with foster parents Ethel and William Brackley,we lived on Moss Bank rd 189 ,I left school early as I moved away from my foster parents,but I have absolutely no school photos,or any photos from when I was younger,so if anyone remembers me,please get in touch,I also used to play netball for the school and swim as wellLink to School
Davsvet
Mon, 22 Aug 2016, 16:11.
Ernie Milea was the Headmaster at Holy Cross School ( Parade St ),when I was there, also Mr Leather was the woodwork Teacher at Holy Cross School,the woodwork class was across the road from the Theatre Royal.
I left Holy Cross School in 1963 that was a great year. I never had the cane from Ernie Milea but Mr Woods.
Liz118
Tue, 5 Jul 2016, 21:52.
I attended this school 1968 mr simcox was the headmaster and mrs Simcox worked at the school too. My best childhood memories loved this school. Remember Mrs Bates and Mr salter. Dinner lady i remember was Mrs Taylor. Link to School
Dicky D
Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:26.
@ PHILSAINT

The canteen was a prefab situated at the top of the yard on the right just past the woodwork room.
Dicky D
Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:24.
@ Dave

Amber and blue were the colours when I attended in 1957-61, although uniforms were not compulsory and I never worn it. Amber and blue was also the rugby kit colours. The senior girls worn brown.
The pocket badge was a spread eagle and was designed by the late Ken Tranter art master.
macannie
Mon, 30 May 2016, 0:53.
Attended in the 60's. Mr Yates was the headmaster. Mrs Cork and Mrs Lucas were the top junior teachers. Mrs Hamilton taught the reception class. Remember Vicar Lane teaching a session every Friday morning about the church. Good old fashion discipline was the order of the day.Link to School
Dion
Sun, 24 Apr 2016, 11:02.
@ Lexus

Brendan, do you remember the first register for the boys?
it was something like:
Allcock Brown Cunnliffe Eccleston Glynn Hamilton Heesome Hill Horsley Lally Littler Nairn Reid Tully.
I don't know if I've missed anyone out?
johnsons53g
Tue, 29 Mar 2016, 19:33.
@ Dave

AND THE FORTH HOUSE WAS BIRCH (BLUE) DUTTON WAS (YELLOW) NOT SURE ABOUT COLOUR OF THE OTHER TWO HOUSES
steve1951
Fri, 26 Feb 2016, 20:06.
@ Davekirkman62

wasn\'t that mrs pert she was a right tartar she had yellow eyeballs she smoked that much.
bill harrison
Tue, 2 Feb 2016, 17:59.
@ gogsy

i was the original 'harrigogs' you followed from me......your big brother in canada
Thomas Heavey
Mon, 1 Feb 2016, 9:47.
@ lizthemeerkat

Hows about Mrs Corrigan, Mr Harry Rimmer, Miss Platt, Mrs Atherton (her son Peter was in my year), Sister Mary Dimphna, Sister Mary Celestine
Thomas Heavey
Mon, 1 Feb 2016, 9:17.
@ Crosfielder

The Gornalls I knew lived at about 178 Broad Oak Rd, Parr, upto my leaving in 1955
Thomas Heavey
Mon, 1 Feb 2016, 9:14.
@ Crosfielder

Not sure if it's the same Rimmer, but they had the shop near the Garage at the Horseshoe. They lived in Eccleston originally. I last saw Mrs Rimmer at her retirement home in N wales. She said her son lived in Pemberton, Wigan.
PHILSAINT
Sun, 31 Jan 2016, 19:36.
@ Iggybucket

My wife attended in 1961 to 1966 and is trying to find out if there was a canteen in the school and where it was situated can anyone help

<< < 1 [2] 3 4 5 > >>