General Photos Comments - St Helens Connect

Showing General Photos Comments

dotcomdan
Fri, 18 Mar 2016, 1:39.
@ Brendan

You are a bit confused here Brendan, the Running Horses was at the bottom of Liverpool Road where it met Bridge Street and was in front of Windle Pilk School and next to the old Tyrers shop. I don\'t remember a pub in Raglan Street but maybe you are thinking of the Feathers on the corner of Eccleston Street and Westfield Street. There were a lot of streets between Raglan Street and Liverpool Road which also ran parallel
dotcomdan
Fri, 18 Mar 2016, 1:23.
@ kevinjwebster

This picture is from 1970 and looking left to right the shops are , Wilsons, Stone Dri then Telefusion which was a Tv shop etc, then NewDay Furnishers further up was a small shop from a 1964 picture called St Helens Radio Store between Johnsons cleaners and Meesons near to Watkinsons jewellers
dotcomdan
Fri, 18 Mar 2016, 0:30.
@ Bobby D

Looks like Terry Gore and his jazzmen, they played at the Springfield if I remember correctly
sicav321
Thu, 17 Mar 2016, 20:40.
This picture (I believe) is from the engine works in Sutton that was between Reginald Road (Behind the terraced houses) and the Liverpool to Manchester line.Link to Photo
cath worsley
Sun, 13 Mar 2016, 10:33.
lived in rainford all my childhood days and never knew that this house had been a pubLink to Photo
non sibi sed omnibus
Thu, 25 Feb 2016, 20:26.
my mum used that station during the war.She was one of the MUNITIONS GIRLS atRISLEY.Link to Photo
kizzy
Sun, 7 Feb 2016, 1:59.
First cinema I ever went in, from the mid fifties onwards I'd go most weeks. It was exactly where the tyre place is and next door to the Springfield pub but with a patch of unused land between. The newly released films were on in the town centre at higher prices so we waited until they came round to the Empire with cheaper seats and no bus fares. It was a good night out, ice creams in the interval and then chips from Molyneaux's in Springfield Rd. if you had any cash left. The place closed down in 1963 but I was working then and had enough money to go into town to the Savoy instead but the Empire holds the best memories.Link to Photo
non sibi sed omnibus
Tue, 26 Jan 2016, 19:07.
Our local chippy-some right tartars stopped us jumping the queue-PLATES and all!Link to Photo
non sibi sed omnibus
Tue, 26 Jan 2016, 19:03.
Our butcher where family shopped on corner.Blaylocks where mum got our baby clothes from.Link to Photo
non sibi sed omnibus
Tue, 26 Jan 2016, 19:02.
trying to remember the church in the foto-was it a Baptist one.No I dont think its me in the foto.IDIDNT THROW THOSE STONES!.Link to Photo
Sat, 23 Jan 2016, 9:36.
There was some debate about where these cottages were in Denton's Green Lane (on the Back in the Day facebook group). I think that I'd always imagined them to be where it was eventually decided, but some were suggesting that they were higher up near Rivington Road. Anyway, there's another picture of the same cottages here. They were somewhere over the road from Windle Labour Club.Link to Photo
Dandydotty
Wed, 6 Jan 2016, 13:11.
My hubby is johN dandy and after all those years still that cheeky grin!!!!Link to Photo
JIMMYL
Sun, 13 Dec 2015, 11:02.
I never entered the building using this stairway, but always left this way.
The security man always saluted the ladies, but not the male staff members.
A brilliant place to work. I was there 60's and 70's.
Cas3y
Thu, 19 Nov 2015, 19:59.
This looks to be next to the Parrish Rooms on Warrington Road with the laundry behindLink to Photo
Robbob2010