Pubs Comments - St Helens Connect

Showing Pubs Comments


shel
Wed, 19 Aug 2009, 8:13.
1881 & 1891 Census 'Little Pig' Publican William Almond
Link to Pub
gilly
Wed, 19 Aug 2009, 6:11.
In recent years(70's)the Ramford was run by Ann Ross.Ann was exceptional in that she only had 1 hand.S he could serve up to several people at a time and never spill a dropLink to Pub
gilly
Wed, 19 Aug 2009, 6:08.
Ricky also owned The Ramford and The FurnacemansLink to Pub
shel
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 20:58.
Fantastic to see the old name still on the building. It was listed on the 1901 Census as 'The Little Pig' . Link to Pub
DJGAZZA
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 18:34.
Was at one spell owned by Ricky who used to have the RedLion in Robins Lane and now has the White House in Sutton RoadLink to Pub
DJGAZZA
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 18:32.
Was owned by Mr and Mrs Ackery whose daughter Diane was in my class at Robins Lane Infants and Juniors

Gazza
Link to Pub
gilly
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 14:11.
This pub was actually attatched to Greenalls brewery,corner of Hall st and Church st.Demolished when Hardshaw centre was builtLink to Pub
gilly
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 14:09.
1 of the 10 greenalls/boddies dealLink to Pub
gilly
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 14:06.
Another pub swapped by greenalls and boddiesLink to Pub
gilly
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 14:05.
1 of the greenalls /boddies swapLink to Pub
gilly
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 14:00.
1 of the greenalls/boddies 10Link to Pub
gilly
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 13:30.
The Northern Union was opened in the early 70's as the Parr British Legion,replacing the imfamous ''blood tub''.Slightly lower down Ashcroft St from the original,it soon regained it's nick name.After being shut down by the police for a while,Bass refurbished it as a pub.In the late 80's it underwent major changes and was renamed the Glass Barrel after the nickname of the New Church Tavern.Finally ceasing trading as Branskis,it is currently a chinese retaurant.Link to Pub
gilly
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 10:37.
1 of the 10 swapped GH/boddiesLink to Pub
DJGAZZA
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 8:24.
Now called Wobbly Bob'sLink to Pub
gilly
Mon, 17 Aug 2009, 15:35.
A quirk of this pub, before it became the Brasserie, was the floor in the bar. On entering, the bar was about 5ft high, but as you walked up the sloping floor it was about 3ft 6inches. The floor ran down that much!Link to Pub

<< < 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 > >>

St Helens Connect 2001 - 2018

Back to top

Privacy/Cookies