Pubs Comments - St Helens Connect

Showing Pubs Comments

tick
Mon, 31 Aug 2009, 12:42.
a mate of mine who worked for a firm called rigbys was involved in the demolision of this pub.Link to Pub
tick
Mon, 31 Aug 2009, 12:40.
i remember this pub having no celler. the beer was pumped straight from the brewery behind. in 1966 i spent my 20th birthday there, after 20 bottles of guiness i went onto rum and black! the brewery also had an hospitality bar, can anyone remember its name?Link to Pub
windled
Mon, 31 Aug 2009, 10:39.
Transfer of Licenses January 1890,
from George Lee to John Rigby.
Link to Pub
windled
Sun, 30 Aug 2009, 10:40.
Excellent pub in the 70's, packed every night, the St Helens ex boxers association met their every Sunday, never remember there being any trouble their on a Sunday. great double act landlord and landlady John (the Tooting Cowboy) Sines and his long suffering wife Enid ran the pub.Link to Pub
jjc
Sun, 30 Aug 2009, 9:40.
got a copy of a drawing 'pub crawls of yester year' it looks like it was on the corner of bridge street n water street. looks like it was where yates building is now.Link to Pub
sweetIsis
Sat, 22 Aug 2009, 18:26.
according to a very helpful lady at St. Helens library, George Molyneux became the first landlord in 1864Link to Pub
Sat, 22 Aug 2009, 13:18.
Does anyone know whereabouts in Bridge Street this was?Link to Pub
DJGAZZA
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 14:23.
Used to go here every day during school dinner time, only used to have 1 pint then back to CowleyLink to Pub
DJGAZZA
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 14:20.
The only pub I was refused to be served, mind you I was only 16 lol
Link to Pub
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 11:12.
One of the few pubs in town that I didn't try in my teens. I think I started walking in once and then walked out backwards when I saw that the customer base was largely mac-wearing middle-aged-to-elderly hardened drinkers. :-)Link to Pub
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 10:51.
It's true about that bar. I remember the bare floorboards too. It was dinner time. I think I was fifteen and from school we'd spent the morning at the tech. My mate said that he'd heard that it was easy to be served in the Angel, so we took off our ties and wandered in. It was a proper spit'n'sawdust place. Just a couple of old fellas standing by themselves - looking as though they were in some kind of purgatory and an equally cheerful old bloke behind the bar - who obviously couldn't care less how old we were. I think I had a pint of bitter. The fact that it was so easy to be served didn't encourage me to go back. :-)Link to Pub
gypsygeoff
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 1:54.
This was my local when we lived in Ilfracombe R'd.Link to Pub
gypsygeoff
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 1:52.
Used to go here every lunchtime,me mate would have 4 pints and 4 Castellas.Link to Pub
gypsygeoff
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 1:40.
First pub I ever got served in, age 16.Link to Pub
DJGAZZA
Wed, 19 Aug 2009, 11:57.
Ann also worked behind the bar for her daughter when she had Arkie's in the 80'sLink to Pub

<< < 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 > >>