R L World Cup games

Alan

On 14/10/2022 at 09:48, Alan said:

Anyone planning to attend any games?

£55 a ticket at St.Helens for a seat that would cost £25 to watch the Saints so that will be a no from me. 

St Helens being a rugby league  town. I'm amazed at the lack of interest in this thread. Personally, I haven't missed a televised game and loved every one of them

• Like (+1) 1

Great game last night between Cook Islands and Wales.

Another observation, I thought former Saints player James Graham was a natural game commentator the other night and what a pleasant change to have a commentator with a Scouse accent

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well what a shock and let down the England result was.

It was a tremendously hard fought match though and great entertainment..

Still trying to get my head around how a team can be utterly battered only a couple of weeks ago and then pull off a performance like that.

• Sad 1

I think Samoa had something England did not possess on the day. Brotherhood was mentioned a couple of times and a real desire to demonstrate the Samoans belief in themselves and their country.  England seemed to be hesitant in the first half, as if like Alan mentioned they expected an easier ride, But whatever, what a great game to look forward to  next Saturday, anyone want to call whose going to win....

• Like (+1) 1

What a shame, to lose by just 1 point!

I didn't see the whole game, but I did watch the highlights, especially this. 😜

Edited by Phyll
  • Like (+1) 1

I watched the wheelchair final and it was only the second one i had watched and i enjoyed it so will be watching again when it comes up again,the French official was one horrible person and he should never be allowed to go anywhere near a game again.

Sad, I know but I've watched every single game - wheelchair, women's RL and the men's competitions and with very few exceptions enjoyed them all.

I just hope that the BBC continues its promotion of our game and that the game spreads both nationally and internationally. If it does, it'll justify the small fortune I spent over 14 years on Carlisle Border Raiders