Huddersfield v Wigan

joe90

Why did the coach at Wigan rest all them players against Huddersfield,he should have rested them next week against Hull,they did alright but they was never going to win,one of the lads who made his debut looked about 15 years old but he will come good.

Resting players is not confined to the modern game. I can remember travelling to Far town back in the 50's prior to a Wembley final against Huddersfield when Saints turned out almost an A team. I'm not sure if the tactic was to rest or preserve players.

Edited by Bert
Addition

Gave a lift to someone at about 8am one week day. A jogger was running in the opposite direction. My passenger said to me, "Bet he's a teacher". "How do you know that?" I asked. " Well," he said, "If he had a proper job he'd be too buggered to be doing that". Interesting that often we don't appreciate what's involved in other people's work. Similarly people with well paid jobs often assume that anyone can do low paid jobs.

3 hours ago, HORT said:

How come they can get smashed up week in and week out, with several days in between, and all of a sudden some of them, NOT ALL, are needed to be rested? 

Because each person is different and is subject to different actions and reactions.....on and off the field.

Some players have old injuries that are susceptible and play them up.

Some get knocks or strains in training.

There are many reasons, use your imagination.

When i was a kid with the old programmes.You could guarantee when the teams were announced,out came the biros to only amend the Wigan team list.ESP BOLTONS. He must have had numerous physio issues eeh eeh.

Sad about Maurice!!