Robbob2010

Gone on Peasley Cross Lane

It's weird on Google Earth streetview. If you look at the location from the main road, the houses have gone, but if you look from the entry road to the retail park, they magically reappear. Different imagery dates - 2020 and 2016.

I had a friend at school who used to live in those houses still there on the right, unfortunately we lost touch over the years. :sad?:

Hi Phyll.one of the houses gone was needed for the "callout" man.His job was to go out if there were any road incidents.He was WELL PAID!!Cos he was allocated 2hrs even if he was there for less.He used to go out for lights, dead cats and dogs,clearing up debris etc.By that he could get "paid hours" in his week well over 100.Acouple of names i remember there at ARCHIE brook!Arthur Kelsall and David Stacey.They were on staff at depot.

These buildings used to be offices for staff working at the depot for years. My old fella told me that his old headmaster at St.Anne's used to like there back in the day when there were houses..

Edited by Big_Jeff_Leo