HORT

Greenall's fine ales

HORT are these copies of other photos or did you become a collector of beermats or ciggie packets? 

• Like (+1) 1

I am not a collector of bottles or labels but I do have some Greenall's memorabilia. My step dad was a senior manager there as well as a director of Salford RLFC.

Don't remember the Tudor Bar Hort.

Go into the main gate in Hall Street, turn immediately left behind the first Hall Street office and head the short way towards the main offices and on your left down some steps into a cellar. All the ale stillaged in barrels and hogsheads with tap on each you just got your own but required to wash the glass after. I think only management, staff and visitors went in.

19 hours ago, NSSO said:

HORT are these copies of other photos or did you become a collector of beermats or ciggie packets?

Some of these pics brought back memories as I used to collect Beer Mats back in the day, I don't remember what happened to them though, probably got thrown out when I moved here to the US. :(

This one was always my favourite, err beer mat, not beer, don't really like beer that much unless it's in a Shandy. :cheers:

Vintage-Younger-s-Tartan-Bitter-Bar-Drink-Coaster

Edited by Phyll

HORT,we spent many good years going to THE WILLOWS and to Weaste!Your step dad may not have mentioned about the  hot potato machine there. When we were kids going to matches there, like all the grounds they had lads and girls going round selling crisps etc.Well at Weaste they had just inside the gate a hot potato machine.When we got home  after one winter match,we read that it had exploded just after the ground cleared!Mashed potato all over eh?.

I went to nearly every match at the Willows from 1970 to 1995

That inludes loads of A team games.

added 15 minutes later

Example of a programme.

cNveFPA.jpg

Edited by HORT

Is Salford Chairman John Wilkinson still living? Two other Board members whose names suddenly came to me are John Oakes and Graham Mc Carty. Also Les Bettinson

Edited by Alan

I do not know Alan. I knew John quite well and have been to his house near Boothstown. Lost touch with all of them.

Greenalls had a good relationship with Salford board in those days.

Here are some more Salford Board and employees you may know.

J0uQO24.jpg

19 hours ago, Alan said:

Is Salford Chairman John Wilkinson still living? Two other Board members whose names suddenly came to me are John Oakes and Graham Mc Carty. Also Les Bettinson

I had a Google for you Alan, according to Wiki John Wilkinson is still living.

and Les Bettinson.

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG
les.jpg?fit=2106%2C1183
WWW.SALFORDNOW.CO.UK

The daughter of Salford rugby league legend Les Bettinson will soon climb Mount Kilimanjaro in order to raise money to fight dementia

Sorry, I couldn't find the other 2 you mentioned. :dunno:

Edited by Phyll

There is some stuff on e-bay for sale at the moment that I stumbled across.

Image 1 - 9-OLD-GREENALL-WHITLEY-WARRINGTON-amp-ST-HELENS-BREWERY-BEER-LABELS-LOT-44

• Like (+1) 1