Sign in to follow this  
HORT

Pubs cheap meals

To get people in some are offering cheap food as you need to buy a meal to purchase alcohol,

Gerard Arms from noon to 5 pm Monday to Friday 2.99 two courses.

Fish chips peas and either a starter or a sweet

.v5qGRF5.jpg

Hort unless you've a pie with that pint GET OUT OF MY PUB!

• Haha (+1) 1

Not sure what you mean. The photo shows the offer at the Gerard

• Roll Eyes 1

Few pubs doing cheap deals. I believe a pub in Liverpool is only charging a quid for chips and burger, but that's just a mate telling me.

It does appear that Mr Wetherspoon is being looked after.

Also, how does a meal stop drinkers catching covid?

Maybe we should all just eat while out and about, instead of wearing masks.

The obesity issue will escalate, as the gyms are either closed or restricted.

Here in Brum, we are still in tier 3 which means no pubs or restaurants are open so no chance of a pint and a scotch egg. What I have noticed is that the takeaway trade is roaring. We sometimes have a Chinese takeaway on a Saturday evening, and last week placed our order at the usual time. I normally give them 15 mins, than go and pick it up. Anyroad, when I got there, there were people queuing out of the door so had to stand outside and wait. I had to wait 30 mins before I got my order. Whilst waiting, 2 delivery lads came and went several times after collecting orders for customers. I've never seen it like that before. Last night, we thought we'd have fish and chips from our local chippy so off I went in the car. On the way there I passed the local Macdonalds drive through. The queue was incredible with cars all the way around the building and back on to the main road. Must have been 30 or more cars. Got to the chippy and there was a queue there - 2 or three in the shop and 8 queuing outside - gave it a miss. There's another chippy a bit further up the road - same there. So I thought I'd give the KFC a look in. Never seen anything like it - queue for the drive through was a mile long and people who'd given up on the drive through were parked all over the place to do a walk in order. Well at that point, I gave up and went home and cooked a meal instead. It seems that folk who would normally go out to a pub or restaurant for a drink or a meal are now doing the takeaway thing instead.

I have been out a few times since they partially lifted restrictions...... once to the Abbey (Meal + Drinks), The Swan at Winwick (Lunch), and a Pub in Liverpool when shopping the other day for Lunch.

No issues with any of them, everything was sensible and the staff great.  

I went to McDonalds on Church street yesterday with my daughter.  Wasn't particularly busy.  Did see the Wetherspoons open and a few smokers outside.  Same with Coco on Westfield Street.  I saw a few groups of men out walking down Bridge Street so people are clearly having a beverage or two. 

Got a few plans to take the kids to Kaspas or the Chinese Buffet over the festive period.  No meet up with friends on the cards.  Can't be bothered with this meal deal bollocks. 

Was considering a trip up to Blackpool for a night or two, but will probably leave it till next year once (hopefully) things get to normal. 

I'm even considering going on Indeed and seeing if any temporary work going over the period while I'm off.  Merry bloomin xmas.

1 hour ago, Dr Display said:

Chinese Buffet

How will that work do you think?... I mean with the social distancing/table service?

Surely it will not be the help yourself Buffet? 

I'll let them surprise me. 

It's bigger than Church Street McDonalds, and more clean than Wetherspoons, the last one I was in anyway. I have faith.