Sign in to follow this  
NSSO

Wigan v Saints final

As we have 2 great players finishing their careers in this match.I think it would be great to have Sean and James leading out their respective teams.

Sadly fans wont be there.

But perhaps when Saints collect the cup after.Both again could have their pictuurevtaken with it together? 

• Like (+1) 2

Saints won in dying seconds

• Like (+1) 1

I listened to the match. One of the commentators reflecting on the toughness of the game said that if he'd been playing he would have been red carded in the first 10 mins...... for cowardice!

• Like (+1) 1

Brilliant game, superb advertisement for Rugby league. It could've been anybody's game but the best team won. Nice to see James Graham and O`Laughlan both get a good send off.

• Like (+1) 2

Well Done Saints, what a finish! :thumb:

• Like (+1) 2

Best ending Ever!!!! (Other than Wide to West Of Course).................

The Morning After: Saints back-to-back champions, resilient Wigan & Welsby  winner | Love Rugby League

• Like (+1) 2

Brilliant watching it live over here then dashing off to work and on a real high all day. Hopefully give a boost to those of you struggling with lockdown. 

• Like (+1) 3

I wonder if they come through St helens on an open top bus to show us the team and trophy...weather permitting? ☂️

• Like (+1) 1

would makinson's drop goal have stood, it hit the post bounced on the crossbar bounced in play then bounced back over the crossbar.

anyone enlighten me on the rule for this happening.

Hiss, the drop goal was disallowed. 

1. The ball has to pass totally over whilst in flight. The flight ended when the ball hit the ground.

2. If it had been a drop goal the try could not have been awarded.

I wanted Wigan to win but they did not,when Wigan got the penalty why did they not kick the ball in touch get further down the field with five tackles then go for a drop goal instead of going for a goal,also do you think that was a high tackle that Hastings did i think the ref was not going to give it till the linesman ran on,he never ran on for any other high tackles did he.

It was a clear high tackle, even the officials thought so....It was only a matter of time before Wigan's indiscipline found them out. 

A lot of ifs and buts Joe.It was what it was.Perhaps this was the time for Saints to get the rub? And as you state THE OTHER HIGH TACKLES.THINK THAT SCORE WENT HEAVILY TO WIGAN.EVEN LAM STATED THEY WERE GOING TO MAKE A FIGHT OF IT.

Sadly for him.These tactics didn't work.

Edited by NSSO

There is a lot of comment out there about Adrian Lam's reaction and interview at the end of the game.

I can fully understand his disappointment at loosing but he did not even mention or congratulate the Saints ..... I thought that was a bit disingenuous to be honest and not very sportsman like. 

I know that it means a lot............... but he was actually crying at the end of the interview. I do not think that I have ever seen that before from a coach.

Fake news. Wigan won by alot. The ball was full of methane like the referee.

Big Jeff.I remember when people like Vince Karalius,David Bolton were noted for hardness.Karalius used to defend Alex and whenever the wigan team was put in program against saints Our prog used to be written over cos david bolton was always put  later in even though he was stated injured days earlier.This to try to knock Alex off his game.

But the interview was a disgrace cos as i stated Lam had categorically stated he was looking for a fight against saints in earlier interviews.

Spoiled kid Lam. 

On 30/11/2020 at 16:23, NSSO said:

Vince Karalius,David Bolton were noted for hardness.Karalius used to defend Alex and whenever the wigan team

Indeed, Murphy has told me that himself.....and I once asked Ray French in an open forum who was that hardest tackler that he had ever played against.................he said it was Karalius and he was on our side! 

59 minutes ago, HORT said:

What a load of tripe the RL come out with.

As an "issue" it is a load of tripe anyway.

It is a contact sport.....sometimes up to four or five people are grappling together in the tackle...at the very closest of quarters for 90 Minutes. 

That's only during the match Frank, I have heard rumours.