Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Saints

Surely Saints should have a thread of their own? When I first went to Knowsley Road I had to trot to keep up with my Dad. Then there was a period when we kept pace with each other. Then a time when I had to put the brakes on. Must be 63 years since I saw a live game. As a child I can remember waiting in anticipation and then they'd play "Entry of the Gladiators" and Jimmy Stott would lead the team out. The record was wearing thin even then. Can anyone tell me if the team enters to a tune now and when the " Gladiators" was dropped.

• Like (+1) 1

It has been dropped and both teams usually come out together.

I have many great memories of the 60's when I was still at School and going with my friends to watch The Saints at Knowsley Road and also seeing them come home with the Cup from Wembley, probably about this time...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Semi final tomorrow. Mrs Bert is from Hull. We'll probably be in different rooms. Hopefully back on talking terms by bedtime.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Shame she does not support KR.....They will be shouting for us no doubt!

Edited by Big_Jeff_Leo

Congratulations Saints' women team on winning the Challenge Cup.

Did I hear a commentator say that Stott was a g.granddaughter of a Stott on the Saints honours list? I remember Jimmy and Tommy Stott playing. Both could kick goals, an attribute past on. I think Jimmy captained the England team before and after the war.