Sign in to follow this  
RATTY

Seven of Nine

Looking for baptisms of 7 out of nine children to Edward Peel and Mary Naylor 

In 1841 they were living at Sutton Moss Nook and in the years after, they were in Parr, Fleet Lane Parr Stocks, the usual. They were married in Prescot St Marys church and their children were born from 1819-1837 I have two of those, one James  I have a date for (20.2.1837)  but no actual sight of the bap and another Elizabeth I have at Parish Church. The main one I'm looking for is Lydia Peel born 1825, she married in Rainford church and they are buried at St Peters Parr.  I would be happy with hers  but can't locate any of them in anything online or my own files. Although I haven't checked any non conformist records except for Ormskirk Street. I used to have a link to Bold and Burtonwood records but can't find it now although I tried freereg with no luck.

Something I've missed? Any ideas?

Just found out Mary Peel died at Sutton Moss Lane in 1879

And her husband Edward in 1869  but don't know where or where they are buried

Edited by RATTY

Ah, I think I can see why you're looking at these. Their son John married Elizabeth Critchley, (dau. of William & Martha) didn't he?

It's possible but no. This is actually my Highcocks, Arnolds  Dumbills lot, so connected in a round about way.

Lydia Peel married a Highcock they had a child that married an Arnold that was the father of Robert Arnold who married Margaret Dumbill  

I'm wondering if there's a church I'm missing, or it could be some early records I've not got access too. 

Edited by RATTY

Hi Ratty,    I did some work a while ago re a Highcock line so I looked it up to see if it opened up some of your queries.    An  Edward Peel appears to be yours, was buried at the St H Cemetery on the 11th of December 1869 Ref' 4757.       Lydia married William Highcock on the 1th of October 1846 at All Saints Rainford, both Sutton abode, William a Miner father Richard H; a Miner.   Lydia;s Father Edward Peel, a Miner.    Witness for her an Elizabeth Dixon who was in fact Elizabeth Peel who married the other witness Robert Dixon also at All Saints Rainford on the 17th of July 1836.

Lydia I have with her early children Ann, bapt 1846 abode Sutton, and Mary bapt 1847 abode Parr at St Michael Burtonwood.    Typically I have found as no doubt you have, these Miners moved around a bit to probably chase the extra pennies.     I have not found a Mary Peel [Naylor],  burial yet, but I am reasonably sure I had something in the past when looking up the Peel family at the Lorne Pub Smithy Brow, so I will check this out.    Cheers !

Thanks for that info HJ and thanks for your efforts on this. These are my people you are correct.

I have a lot of it but didn't have the Dixon bit. The burial of Edward Peel you give is  a baby  though and none of the others match either.

The Burtonwood link is interesting and was were I was leaning towards as that was the area most likely nearest to where they were living. I used to have a lot of links to Burtonwood  BMDs as I said but can not locate them any more, I researched these lines way back in 2007 so maybe they are in old favourites I've saved to disk. I will concentrate on locating records there I think. The Dumbill line originated in Bold and Great Sankey and even though they moved to live here they all went home to Sankey for their baptisms marriages and burials, took me ages to find this out.

I decided to search more for Burtonwood St Micaels and found they have them now  on Lanopc,  which found me some other baptisms I had been looking for :D

Strangely not only can I not find these children's births but neither can I find many of the children from their daughter Lydia's  marriage to William Highcock

Hi Ratty.I noticed also that Mary, Edward.Joseph and James are buried in section 25 which is R.C.

Ah! I just came back to say just found one of the children baptisms  at Lowe House on someone else's tree at  Ancestry so yeah that will be it, They are Catholics. Thanks for confirming  Tessmop

Was that at St Helens Crem? I can't find them in the search

Forget that, Just got them

Lydia Peel was chr 26/2/1826, at St Marys Rc Church, Blackbrook, St Helens according to a Peel I have exchanged information with.  He may have had others but that was the only one I'd have been interested in and took note of.

Yes I have that one, she married a Highcock and was buried at St peters  Some of my Arnolds were Catholics. Lydias daughter Ellen married a catholic Arnold and their kids are all at St Josephs.

I don't think those grave details from Tessmop are mine though, the dates don't pan out, I'm trying to trail them all in census and see if it matches them. 

Just found that It is the family of Edward born 1828  son of Edward Peel and Mary Naylor so it's one of the children I'm looking for at least

That crem search is faulty, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't for the same search ?

Edited by RATTY