non sibi sed omnibus

bon marche on the marche out?

Yet another empty bit of hardshaw centre.Bon Marche crashes into administration.Wonder  IF IT WILL BE ANOTHER GROTTO OR GROTTY?

This news doesn't surprise me at all.  It's a shop that caters for the clothing needs of older women - very much my own age group - but they're not changing the styles that they offer.

Seem to forget that as each different generation 'ages', the style of clothing that they want to wear also changes.

I'm not the generation that 'grew up in the war years' - I'm the generation that grew up with Miniskirts, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Flower Power - we DON'T WANT twinsets, polyester skirts/slacks, cardigans with pockets and flannelette nighties.  My mum loved Bon Marche - I only ever went in there to buy her something for Christmas.  I only rarely found anything that suited ME.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I keep on wondering when or if I'll stop wearing jeans. Surely I'm headed into flat cap territory now, with trousers that go up past the belly button and I should be talking in a thick Lancashire accent. It's a pity about nuclear weapons, they cheated me out of all the stories I might've been able to tell.

I'm 77 and only change out of my jeans to go shopping etc

9 hours ago, Olliebeak said:

I'm not the generation that 'grew up in the war years' - I'm the generation that grew up with Miniskirts, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Flower Power

Me too! I'm surprised that shop lasted as long as it did. Totally out of touch with what women want to wear today!

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't realise that Bon Marche still existed. I associate it with being taken to Liverpool as young lad in the late 1940s

Philip Day has 95% of the shares...… this will likely be a ploy to get the other 5% cheap and/or re-structure to save on costs.