Sign in to follow this  
joe90

Saints v Wigan

Wigan have played some bad games this season but last night they where terrible,every time a Saints player got the ball they ran through the Wigan players like there was no one there,Wigan attack not there,defence not much better,they will have to improove 100% if they are going to beat Salford on Friday,Saints very good on the night.

If Saints can maintain that level of skill, concentration and hard work, then the result a fortnight today is a foregone conclusion

It was a great atmosphere last night and we did play very well with all of the damage being done in the first half. 

I hope that we play Salford in the Final as we have beaten Wigan 4 Times already this season, so if they did actually win it, it would not be fair or representative of the season.

I will be watching on Friday and will be hoping that the Ref gets an early grip on the game.

2 hours ago, joe90 said:

Wigan have played some bad games this season but last night they where terrible,every time a Saints player got the ball they ran through the Wigan players like there was no one there,Wigan attack not there,defence not much better,they will have to improove 100% if they are going to beat Salford on Friday,Saints very good on the night.

I know they let stuff through.But it was POSSESSION PLAY.Luckily Saints didn't drop ball,very few penalties.No matter how good a side you cant play without the ball.Dont forget Wigan did show issue on Percival and Grace wing.Hope that wing partnership is sorted !

My main moan is once Wigan felt they cannot win then the MATCH is over cos of 2nd chance.Clearly identifies the stupidity of the playoffs. 

15 minutes ago, non sibi sed omnibus said:

My main moan is once Wigan felt they cannot win then the MATCH is over cos of 2nd chance.Clearly identifies the stupidity of the playoffs. 

The objective is to get maximum number of games from last five to gain gate and TV revenue

The format does need changing...……...the Winners of the League Leaders Shield should be called the Super league Champions.... we can and still should have the playoffs and just call this what it is.

I believe SKYand RFL are changing the format.Each month the top team will be called Month champion and get a plaque.This will be done for each month.Then instead of playoffs,each team will trade in the plaques if they have any .Then the one thats got the most will be called the Champion of champions.They will then be presented with a big PLAQUE OF PLAQUES. There will be no further funds but they can sell their plaques on ebay.

it was great to see the strikebreakers get hammered, saints v salford grand final anyone

There is always one who says daft things,nothing to say about your team

46 minutes ago, Handsome Johnny said:

saints v salford grand final anyone

Its only fair......if Wigan had of kept that points deduction then Salford would have finished second anyway.

wigan 2.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, joe90 said:

There is always one who says daft things,nothing to say about your team

I was in the pub with some drinkers who we know and they are wigan supporters.Wonder why they were calling Williams?Fab while there but not when leaving?.