Mark Haselden

Parr St.Peter's Burial Plot

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to find the burial plots of several relatives who were interred at Parr St.Peter's but I can find no point of contact online for this type of query.  Other churches in the area either provide a list of contacts (eg Rainford) or even a query tool via the Church website (eg Winwick).

Anyone know who/how to contact the right person at St.Peter's to help with my quest?  

Edited by Mark Haselden

Ratty was a great help when i was trying to do this.  Following up on his information I eventually went to the vicarage on one of my visits to St Helens.  The lady there (i presume the Vicar's wife)  allowed me to look at the old burial records plot plan and i eventually found the grave.  Good look with your quest.

Many thanks, Wanderer.  That seems an extremely obscure way to access records....but if it works, who am I to criticize?  I just wish the Parish was better organized or at least provided decent contact mechanisms. 

Perhaps Ratty will be along shortly to offer his sage advice.

Ratty is a 'her' guys :)

Sorry if i caused any offence Ratty.😉