Sign in to follow this  
Mark Haselden

Parr St.Peter's Burial Plot

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to find the burial plots of several relatives who were interred at Parr St.Peter's but I can find no point of contact online for this type of query.  Other churches in the area either provide a list of contacts (eg Rainford) or even a query tool via the Church website (eg Winwick).

Anyone know who/how to contact the right person at St.Peter's to help with my quest?  

Edited by Mark Haselden

Ratty was a great help when i was trying to do this.  Following up on his information I eventually went to the vicarage on one of my visits to St Helens.  The lady there (i presume the Vicar's wife)  allowed me to look at the old burial records plot plan and i eventually found the grave.  Good look with your quest.

• Like (+1) 2

Many thanks, Wanderer.  That seems an extremely obscure way to access records....but if it works, who am I to criticize?  I just wish the Parish was better organized or at least provided decent contact mechanisms. 

Perhaps Ratty will be along shortly to offer his sage advice.

• Like (+1) 1

Ratty is a 'her' guys :)

Sorry if i caused any offence Ratty.😉

Jan,

Wow!!!  Thanks for the pointer.  That's exactly the resource I was looking for.  Many, MANY thanks.

Kind regards,

Mark

Sorry, I was otherwise employed. Did you find what you wanted Mark, I can help if needed?

1 hour ago, RATTY said:

Sorry, I was otherwise employed. Did you find what you wanted Mark, I can help if needed?

Hi RATTY,

Absolutely no worries.  We all get a little distrac....oooh, squirrel!  Sorry...distracted from time to time.  Glad to benefit from your expertise on this question.

I thoughtJan123's recommendation of the CD-ROM from the Liverpool and Southwest Lancs Family History Society would be perfect.  Unfortunately, the ordering process doesn't appear to be working.  I sent them a message but, as a pure volunteer organization, I expect a long wait before I hear anything (if I get any response at all).

Do you have any other ideas?

I ordered 2 CDs online yesterday with no problems whatsoever. I live in Brum, UK.

It's probably an international sales problem, then.  I did use the international sales site but the confirmation simply didn't go through.

Yeah, it seemed to go alright for me for this country when I tried last night , but they do give a little disclaimer on the site to say it is staffed by a few volunteers and may be slower than normal to get a response. I'd just email them to check all is ok.

I'll give it another try next week and see if it works.  In the meantime I'll email the Society again in hopes of getting an answer.

Hi Mark.I have the CD so I have looked them up for you.there's an Alice in plot 35.Edward in 31 and a John in 514 all buried just behind the vicarage gardens in the centre ground.I assumed you were looking for the surname Haselden.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Tessmop,

Yes, I am looking for a number of Haseldens.  I expected to find 2 John's and the Edward.  I need to investigate the Alive as that's an unexpected find.

I was also hoping to find a William Pountney.  His wife, Elizabeth, was another Haselden.

Hi deedee222. Who would you like me to look up for you.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for reply xx its a William Smith but dont  know for sure when he was buried there xx

Hi deedee222. I found a William Smith on the 1926 extension grave number 420.he was buried on the first of December 1949 aged 50.the grave was purchased by Florence M Smith.hope this helps.

• Like (+1) 1

OMG really this helps loads because  alls iv ad so far his the name n rough date of death it's my mum's dad x is he buried alone do u know ? I've been doing my family tree but got stuck on mum's side because I didn't av enough info on this William Smith x

Hi deedee222.it just says him but I do know that he lived in Fleet Lane with his wife Florence and a son Allan on the 1939 registration.my Grandmother is buried on the same ground and it says that she is the only one buried there,but I know for a fact that both her parents are in the same plot also her husband.

• Like (+1) 1

Do u know we're I cud get a plan of the graveyard I know roughly were he's buried as I went as a child but he was married to my mother in 1937 and I didn't realise he added married again before he died ...if it's the same William Smith? ? Xx