Sign in to follow this  
non sibi sed omnibus

Marks on St.Helens Central ststion surrounds

Just been into Central station.Noticed theyve tldied up an old derelict area at entrance.

I believe it's  poss extra car parking.

What I had noticed were 3 markings on the inside of the old wall.

The 3 markings are 3 parking spaces marked out on the wall.There is a GREEN RECTANGLE  on each.Over each is painted in white paint, roughly! NHS. These are old markings.

I would have put on photographs but didn't have my camera.I think it would have caught out quite a few!

Ever since I was a lad I had never noticed these.

Can anyone enlighten?.

Also saw the area,no info on the Green triangle,that land was the old fruit and veg wholesale site.

48 minutes ago, Dig said:

Also saw the area,no info on the Green triangle,that land was the old fruit and veg wholesale site.

Yep it was fyffes!i identified 3 rectangles my try google earth!

It's good to see they've cleared that area. it was becoming a meeting point for the druggies getting their prescriptions form the walk in centre and taking it round there to share out. The station staff have had a nightmare with them.

2 hours ago, SaintJeff said:

It's good to see they've cleared that area. it was becoming a meeting point for the druggies getting their prescriptions form the walk in centre and taking it round there to share out. The station staff have had a nightmare with them.

When came back.saw someone talking to a trio of women with lanyards.Hope its not going to have a "personal sevices" hut on it!

On 08/07/2019 at 17:54, non sibi sed omnibus said:

Yep it was fyffes!i identified 3 rectangles my try google earth!

It was Fosters wholesale fruiterers. They had Lords Fold Nuerseries, at Rainford I believe. At one time it was Feeneys.

It was Fyffes 70 years ago

40 minutes ago, Alan said:

and you could even go into the station and send your luggage on!then pick it up ready when you arrived.How things change.

18 hours ago, Alan said:

Ahh before my time, just!

Where they on here?

WFe7EzZ.jpg

Hort.if you go to the carpark on right .Then look across to shaw st.on the outer  inside wall.The markings are right near the end of the wall.wall near its end.at the station entrance area..

43 minutes ago, SaintJeff said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gyb896imk9k2kvfi6

sorry if the link doesn’t work, trying to link a photo from google photos phone app.

spot on, robbob (his tutor?) must have taught him good.Maybe the spots were there when it was fyffes.Obviously for those who slipped on the odd  banana skin? 

• Like (+1) 1

Good photo, next I go to the station I will ask the ticket lads,or the lad from Hanson’s,for any info.