2 hours ago, SaintJeff said:

Sort of...

f4Jtb3dEZbqTUAiCFttkp0ZXb2M2XI417zkBaZpU

Obvious the cheapo convenience store ,with the datk and sinister background,like the parlour we exoected, fell through.Wonder if its the family part that has shop in rainford?Wot will us and the execs in the penthouse suites above do.NO FAX,NO FOTOCOPIER,!St.Helens business will fail?

Wife and others have visited.Cheap tat. and dearer than other tat shops.Why is it called TYRERS EXPRESS.Doesnt appear to be run by the family,just a few of our people of colour corner shop types.Not the ice cream parlour or tstty convenience store previously advised!Perhaps ROBBOBcan get a few candid shots? 

Despite the cheap tat, does it look the same inside? :dunno:

Such a shame, it was a lovely building, we used to get our school uniforms from there and when I was older I used to go to the cafe and the hairdressers .

I can remember two different locations for Tyrers clothing shop. Near the Fleece Hotel and also in Liverpool Road (or was it Westfield Street?). Which location is the new Tyrers Shop at?

Corner of Bridge St and Milk St.

3 hours ago, Phyll said:

Despite the cheap tat, does it look the same inside? :dunno:

Such a shame, it was a lovely building, we used to get our school uniforms from there and when I was older I used to go to the cafe and the hairdressers .

Wife noted a couple of "customers"looking shady at back.Realised they were a couple of the old mannequins!must go to specsavers.

2 hours ago, Alan said:

I can remember two different locations for Tyrers clothing shop. Near the Fleece Hotel and also in Liverpool Road (or was it Westfield Street?). Which location is the new Tyrers Shop at?

Its Nothing to do with Tyrers.Unless they were  from Pakistan,Alan.Know one was bottom of bridge st to liverpool rd.

There was going to be a posh ice cream parlour with grand piano,then it was to be a "shady" convenience store complete with fax and photocopier .But its gone upmarket for the posh residents above it.Its like one of those tat shops you see around most towns.

On 08/06/2019 at 13:39, non sibi sed omnibus said:

Perhaps ROBBOBcan get a few candid shots? 

Anyone heard from robbob lately? Hope he's ok.  He's not one to miss anything that's going on.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SaintJeff said:

Anyone heard from robbob lately? Hope he's ok.  He's not one to miss anything that's going on.

Yeah I was thinking that the other day hope he is OK !

It's very dark inside with the usual mountains of kitchen rolls, cleaning supplies, plastic flowers etc; all the original shelving has gone and stuff is mostly piled on the floor with a till point at one end. There was a group of Asian men loading supplies from a van parked outside today and they appeared typical of the usual sort of men who run corner shops all over the UK. Nothing particularly bad, nothing particularly good - just your usual sort of shop selling low priced household supplies. Tyrers used to be at the bottom of Liverpool Rd. in the 50's on the corner as the road curved into Liverpool Rd. then it moved to the corner of Bridge St. and Milk St. facing the citadel (where you could cut through to St Helens college.)

This is the building we are talking about today which was supposed to be excusive modern rental apartments but looking at it today the bottom floor looks like a cheap bazaar and the upper floors don't appear to have had even a clean yet the new name - Nicholson Lofts was clear to see from the car park I use at the back

At the back of the shop there is a clothing alteration unit.Stich in Time

The shop is like a modern Open all Hours set up.

Yes I spotted the sign;  what amazed me most was the dirty unkempt appearance of the back of the Tyrer building. The upper floor windows hadn't been cleaned in months. There were commercial waste bins and a few drunks rooting through them emptying bags of old clothing all over the roadway. Two were asleep behind the bins. I saw the publicity for the exclusive apartments when it was announced but the current scenes looks like something out of an inner city slum area :o

Where is Robster? Seems he has not been about for sometime now.

Nobody seems to know. I just thought it was odd he's missed events like the Westfield Street festival and any events recently, just hope he's ok.

• Like (+1) 3