jwb1987

Viola Frances Greenwood (1910-1972) - Rainhill Hospital

Posted (edited)

Hello, I am looking for anyone with connections to Rainhill Hospital who might remember a patient there. Viola Frances Greenwood was born in Heywood in 1910, emigrated to the USA in 1930 and was deported back to the UK in 1931, whereupon she was taken to Rainhill Hospital. She spent her life there and died there in 1972. I have not been able to trace any surviving relatives in the UK. If anyone who was connected to the hospital, perhaps in the 1960s or 1970s, might have any information - no matter how minor - I would be very keen to speak to them.

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by jwb1987
Title change

Hi,

There is a Family Tree on Ancestry which gives Viola as born in Bury, Lancs. and living in Heywood, Lancs. in 1911. Her parents were John William Greenwood (1864-1927) and Anna Stanley (1869-1949). No spouse is listed. She died Sep. 1972 in Widnes.

Sisters - Annie Greenwood, Dora Jane Greenwood, Beatrice Mary Greenwood.

Brothers - Albert Edward Greenwood, Richard Henry Greenwood.

Hope this helps. 

Posted (edited)

1939 UK register shows Frances V  Greenwood born 1910, single as patient in Rainhill Hospital

Edited by jvy20

I am not sure, but I think a lot of the deaths at Rainhill where registered at Widnes.