Catty

Bradbury family

I am looking for any information and photos if possible on my Great uncle James Bradbury (1893 - 1917) born in st.Helens. James died of his wounds in WW1 in France. His mother was Mary Jane (1854 - 1896) and Father is William Bradbury (1855 - 1908). His brother Joseph (1889 - 1939) was my Grandfather. I would love any information on any of the Bradbury family 😀.

James is remembered in St Luke's Church Knowsley Road St.Helens

Hi Catty, we didn't find anything to add to his page on SHROH from the newspapers but maybe a fresh interest might glean something from here. Good luck. Ste M 

I don't know if you already have this but here's a little bit of info. about where Joseph lived in 1939 from the 1939 Registration Index.

Joseph BRADBURY   26 Oct 1888 50 12, Barton Street 1   Suggest?
Margaret BRADBURY   15 Dec 1890 48 12, Barton Street 1   Suggest?
Eric BRADBURY   19 Apr 1916 23 12, Barton Street 1   Suggest?

Catty

Not sure what you know/don't know but this is some info on James Bradbury who was kia in WW1.

He was baptised 2 July 1893 St Helens. Son of William & Mary Jane Bradbury living William Street, St Helens. William is a painter by trade.

William Bradbury married Mary Jane Davies 20 June 1877 at St Helens Parish Church. They had another James b 1891 who died 1892.

Thank you both jvy20 and Phyll for the information and replying so quickly.

Joseph from Barton Street isn't my Grandfather he sadly passed away at the beginning of 1939. He was married to Mary Jane Bloomfield. 

Thank you 

Catty - can we help with anything else ?