Sign in to follow this  
kizzy

3 Week bin collection

Got my letter informing me that later this year my area will part of this new scheme. Not looking forward to even more recycling containers stored in my small garden :(

Large families will struggle I think, even if they recycle a lot. I can get away with once a month for the brown bin here with just two of us in this house but the bag for plastics is usually bulging come collection day.

Posted (edited)

WORRY YE NOT!

An addl ONE EMPLOYEE is being taken on as ive heard from HR.

Its someone called AL.

If anyone needs to contact-

AL GORITHM C/O ST.HELENS IT DEPT.

The council will be using him to determine many many Council actions.

Any futher issues should subsequently be sent to 

ARCHIE BROOK c/o st.helens council refuse dept.

Best of luck!

Edited by non sibi sed omnibus

It's funny how they're calling it a trial. As if it possibly isn't intended to be implemented everywhere after its 'success'. A part of the blame was to do with fines imposed on the UK government by the EU, for missing targets. It was decided that the fines would then be passed down to the local authorities, who seem to be perpetually asking people to pay more for less services. It'll end up where you're getting nothing in return for the council tax at this rate.

Is there a political solution, or is the answer a mix of lowering public expectations, better productivity by the sub-contractors and  higher  Council Tax?

5 minutes ago, Alan said:

Is there a political solution, or is the answer a mix of lowering public expectations, better productivity by the sub-contractors and  higher  Council Tax?

Its tooo easy to just dump stuff in one bin?Some of  our neighbours dont use the grey caddy.

A big problem for me is storage of the containers needed to recycle. The house I live in is tiny, (the kitchen is minute. I don't have space for a dryer or free standing fridge/freezer. Outside is the same; other than digging up some lawn or flower bed then the containers will have to be kept inside - (full of waste food!) but where? I have two bins outside and use plastic bags for the rest of my household waste but waste food outside in my garden? Just not practical! 

Can you expand on Waste food,Kizzy.

The reason I ask is to identify what we  as individuals classify as Waste food and why it becomes waste.

Is it having to buy in bulk to save money.Result is waste food. Making too much to eat?Fast food wastage. Or simply buying in pre packaged food ,again in many cases too much.One the Councils seem to be homing in on is FOOD RECYCLING GOING TO LANDFILL. 

This food is being simply put in brown bin rather than the grey bin.

Small food caddy is full then use the bigger grey caddy. 

Regards space.Problems with the new builds as well for space.Tiny boxes with little outdoor space?

The stuff that goes in the grey caddy - leftover cooked foodstuffs. Who wants to handle that stuff and save in a plastic box near where I have my meals! Yuck.. makes me heave just thinking about it :)

27 minutes ago, kizzy said:

The stuff that goes in the grey caddy - leftover cooked foodstuffs. Who wants to handle that stuff and save in a plastic box near where I have my meals! Yuck.. makes me heave just thinking about it :)

The council get charged for all landfill but can recycle food.Put your big caddy outside and tip your rubbish food in it.