Sign in to follow this  
Peter innes

Fletchers row parr

Hi Peter.

I have not heard of it but will look at some old maps and let you know if I find anything.

As an aside, did you ever live in  the bottom section of Woodville Street and work at the Lab in Cowley Hill Works?

Peter, I have looked on all the Ordnance Survey maps since 1849 and cannot find it.

By the way I worked in the Lab also along with you, Alec and John Pritchard.

Regards

Ste.

1 hour ago, HORT said:

Peter, I have looked on all the Ordnance Survey maps since 1849 and cannot find it.

By the way I worked in the Lab also along with you, Alec and John Pritchard.

Regards

Ste.

Ste, I've not seen Alec Benson for 30 years but I have seen and spoken

to John Pritchard within the last 12 months. I also cannot find Fletchers row  on any map. The reason I was enquiring is that during searches on my family tree there is a reference to 12 Fletchers row Parr. on an 1890 marriage certificate at St Peter Parr.

1 hour ago, Peter innes said:

Ste, I've not seen Alec Benson for 30 years but I have seen and spoken

to John Pritchard within the last 12 months. I also cannot find Fletchers row  on any map. The reason I was enquiring is that during searches on my family tree there is a reference to 12 Fletchers row Parr. on an 1890 marriage certificate at St Peter Parr.

Peter, look at the street before and after Fletchers Row.  It may give you a clue of the area.

Morgan Ive loòked at all the censi from 1861 to 1901 using the street as the primary search point with no success. Maybe the entry on the marriage certificate was in error.