Sign in to follow this  
philip hewitt

Caldwell family

Any more info?

There's a tree on Ancestry says she lived in Prescot but was buried in Kirkby 12.10.1788 aged 87 ( A Papist) which is quite possible but then supplies a burial record for Walton on the Hill saying she lived in Aughton which is near Lydiate ?

Says she married a James Brookfield 1705-1761(Eccleston burial) children Paul 1731-1801 and Jane 1736-1782 both just say Lancashire.

The tree says father was John 1678-1727 and mother Deborah Meadow who married in Aughton and Catherine had  6 half siblings but ther is no mention of another mother( These were John 1705 Mary 1707 William1711 Edward 1713-1713 Edward 1714 Martha1716)

Her great grandfather was Georgius Cladwell1635-1692 (latin name so roman catholic) he married to Jane Worthington ? they think.

Thanks so much. Her daughter married Joshua Hewitt my relation. I needed to confirm her father, you have done that.

Well I'm not too sure of the source, I'm just informing what's out there, I have no proof of it sorry