Sign in to follow this  
Robbob2010

Llandudno 2019

I had to call here the other day so i did some HDR's "High Dynamic Range" pictures.

HDR's are taken in 2 or more exposures and joined together to bring out the tones.

46701986112_94c78980e7_b.jpgLlandudno Pier. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789388803_1860bf48c6_z.jpgGrand Hotel,Llandudno. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789385723_a95e2402d3_b.jpgGrand Hotel,Llandudno. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

46701986542_c4b909ee81_b.jpgLittle Orme,Llandudno. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789389253_c306aaf3c1_b.jpgLlandudno. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

46701986872_23479bf1d1_b.jpgLlandudno. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789389893_7be52917b0_b.jpgLittle Orme,Llandudno. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789388203_8de556c532_b.jpgLlandudno. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789385423_f709030506_b.jpgGrand Hotel,Llandudno. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789387913_507fb0a97f_b.jpgLlandudno Pier. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

46701985662_1b098830d3_b.jpgLlandudno Pier. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789387543_45973d5c68_b.jpgFisheye view by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

46701985362_f108417a87_b.jpgGreat Orme,Llandudno by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789387133_37e146c940_b.jpgLlandudno Pier. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789385303_4950ff5abf_b.jpgLlandudno Pier. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

46701985232_01531107e5_b.jpgLooking out Towards the Little Orme, Llandudno. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789386783_c9b678970d_b.jpgLlandudno by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789386623_c83ef170c6_b.jpgLlandudno Pier. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789386373_00ddf0f590_b.jpgLittle Orme,Llandudno. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789386223_845b2a5da6_b.jpgGreat Orme,Llandudno. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789385943_78fec93c6b_b.jpgLlandudno Pier. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

39789385123_e3e772cb7f_b.jpgTowards the Great Orme, Llandudno by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

46701987212_55e3ba87cd_b.jpgHerring Gull in Winter plumage. by Robbob 2010, on Flickr

• Like (+1) 10

Hi Robbob.So youve failed miserably to find (NSSO LOBBY LUD) in St.Helens .So even when you know he goes to LLANDUDNO!So you'll have to up your game you will still miss me in your EXCELLENT FOTOS.My GULL SPY is always around so I can be sure when we visit there 2019 you will not spot me__ signed L LUD.

• Haha (+1) 1

Fantastic pics Rob, love going there.

• Like (+1) 2

First went in 1948 and love it now as much as I did then

added 46 minutes later

My wife taught at Parr Central in the 1960s. The school had a cottage in a place called Capel Garmon, near Bettws y Coed. A highlight of a long weekend there with her kids from school was to take them to Llandudno for a day

• Like (+1) 3

I remember watching the rally cars race around the Great Orme may years back, do they still do that?

I like Llandudno too, am told the main reason it has kept its character is that Mostyn estates own the freehold on most of the seafront properties and don't allow them to change much. Also its the last place i saw my dad alive, he had gone for a day out unbeknown to me and vice versa, we went for a drink in the Grand and the week after I got a phone call to say he had died at home, so glad I bumped into him that day.

• Like (+1) 1

Last time I went along the Pier there was a shop selling golliwogs.

Is it still there?

Great Pictures Robbob 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Had a caravan holiday near there,Went to the I O Man on a day trip.

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't notice the shop @HORT i never really taken notice.

Can they still be sold?

Next time i go with more time i'll go up the Great Orme again,i went up years ago

There's a graveyard and church up there,really creepy as well.

Edited by Robbob2010

43 minutes ago, Robbob2010 said:

Can they still be sold?

Next time i go with more time i'll go up the Great Orme again,i went up years ago

Dont forget the boxer in the bar and fotos as well.The land around the church was up for sale some time age.Ps try going up when its a gale like weve done!Punch and judy there on front!Oh so pc?

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Robbob2010 said:

Can they still be sold?

I like all the names people have Written on the Hillside in Stones ! really interesting place up there as  well with all the old mine workings and everything 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I love Llanddudno, once stayed at The Grand Hotel on a rainy stormy night and had a great time. :wine:

13 hours ago, HORT said:

Last time I went along the Pier there was a shop selling golliwogs.

Golliwogs are not PC these days Hort. :no:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golliwog

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Last time I visited with a pal of mine was 40odd years ago - all the pubs shut on a Sunday so we ended up in the British Legion on Sunday night and were treated to a concert by the Welsh Police Choir - very uplifting boyo. BTW Rob, what are those blokes on the beach with the bins looking at out to sea?

• Like (+1) 1

Somebody on my flickr asked me the same question Frank.

I'm guessing they was doing slow shutter speed pictures on their tripods due to the cloud coverage.

Edited by Robbob2010

Lovely Robbob. I love a walk in Llandidno, my fave chippy is there too....Fish Tram Chips. I also like to stop for a  coffee in Rhos on Sea

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, RATTY said:

Lovely Robbob. I love a walk in Llandidno, my fave chippy is there too....Fish Tram Chips. I also like to stop for a  coffee in Rhos on Sea

When it was hols i stayed with granparents at colwyn bay Gavin Murray coach!Used to like to walk along prom to rhos on sea.Did it when breakers used to go over prom!

Assume rhos not changed!well maybe more takeaways,charity and pound shops and empty shops?

The Walk from Prestatyn To rhyl  is nice Nowadays We go there Seal spotting 

Edited by mally

I a

8 minutes ago, mally said:

The Walk from Prestatyn To rhyl  is nice Nowadays We go there Seal spotting 

We used to go to Prestatyn as a kid.Mally i dont know whether its still there.The main road through centre.At the xroads leading to the station and beach.It had a small kids play area on corner.next to it was a single  house think it was detatched.Thats where we stayed for several years.Then while staying  there was a roller rink now i believe it is now either a store or carpark.Ive got a picture of me near the wall at beach with me wearing my shorts and SNAKE BELT!Mr universe style pose!. 

i have  

About six years ago we had a short break in N Wales and just out of nostalgia I drove all the way back along the old coast road to include Rhyl and Prestatyn etc. It was depressing to see how far those great towns of my childhood had regressed

16 minutes ago, Alan said:

About six years ago we had a short break in N Wales and just out of nostalgia I drove all the way back along the old coast road to include Rhyl and Prestatyn etc. It was depressing to see how far those great towns of my childhood had regressed

You can bypass colwyn bay cos of the flyover.We went on a daytrip by coach as a rest!last year and i think we drove through OLD COLWYN.If it was they had a lovely frontage on beachside!Alan do you remember stopping anytime in your youth on various cafes on route.The old coast drivev was hell cos of railway level gates etc. but memories!

1.near stanlow,halfway house amongst some.Took ages going thriugh warrington centre as well.those were the days -eh?

Ha Ha yeah it was a Full day out because of the drive in the Old days much quicker now 

1 hour ago, mally said:

Ha Ha yeah it was a Full day out because of the drive in the Old days much quicker now 

as long as you bypass the tolls!!!!

Its the other way mate 😌

You know what,a fire happened years ago (i'm not googling it) and a couple who i asked pointed out and showed me some remains below next to the Pier and Grand Hotel...and i never taken any pictures of the space,silly me.

Sign in to follow this