Sign in to follow this  
Terence Price

May 2019 Timetable Change (Railway)

As some people might be aware in May the Liverpool - Glasgow Service is due to start and will operate 3 times a day, From Press Releases it was understood all 3 would also stop at St Helens Central, Having seen the Timetable for May only 1 will stop at 12:32 along with a service only going to Oxenholme at 20:28, Seems once again St Helens is being bypassed Despite Passenger numbers at St Helens Central on the rise. 

Just got price for one way £ 69. That is a bit expensive.

That is disgusting, I go to Cardiff sometimes and i can get a Return (Advance Singles) for that price.

Posted (edited)

Yep we were waiting.I was one of the users in the 60s!coming back  from lpool after nights out. 

We did use the route last year.My wife found an OMEGA hol in My weekly.We got a bit confused over what we got when we got to ibis styles.

We ended up 2 nights plus reserved seats virgin train£89 each!.Never complained!It was when all the snow.Fab time Why coaches keep going Edinburgh.Should go Glasgow!Yes some a bit grotty but we had a great time.We bought quite a bit of stuff !! we ended up with extra bags Dont think it will be as cheap if we go again. 

We think Omega had cocked it up.  

added 4 minutes later

Terry,ask your friends at HATTONS why they dont run coaches to Glasgow!If they did we would be the first to use if timing ok.

PS .Shopping trips !Get them to use one of their coaches. 

Edited by non sibi sed omnibus
  • Dislike (-1) 1

I am not friends with the Management at Hattons Travel and a Coach is a poor replacement for a Train on so many levels.