Broad oak road railway line in parr.

Industrial view

I wonder what todays drivers would think about all the level crossings spread all over the area.They already moan about a LITTLE DISRUPTION at Windle!!

26 minutes ago, Industrial view said:

Hi saint geff cracking picture be interested to know where you came across it. I was beginning to think no pictures existed of the crossing. Am I right saying this line would have come from Sutton oak sheds, then threw gaskel park and down boardmans lane to haydock colliery. 

Someone put a map on this site showing all the lines round the area.It followed someone asking about this line.Sorry i dont know the thread.Perhaps someone will.

2 minutes ago, Industrial view said:

Thanks for all your info guys. Yes the black brook line that crossed the bridge near where st Augustine’s school is now as a lot of interest in it. There as been lots of inquiries about it. I have always found the old Runcorn gap line also interesting.

look on this site - old railways of st.helens thread.

This is the line that would have ran at the back of Knowsley road and past the back of the old saints ground to the triple x works. I believe that in the late 70s there was a rail tour along this line and it was the only time passengers was carried across it.

added 6 minutes later

Does anyone have any pictures of the old line on boardmans lane or the black brook area? Thanks👍🏻

On 10/03/2019 at 23:36, non sibi sed omnibus said:

I wonder what todays drivers would think about all the level crossings spread all over the area.They already moan about a LITTLE DISRUPTION at Windle!!

Are you taken the mickey?

Disruption at Windle cross is not a little. Its major and lasts for over 40 weeks.

1 hour ago, HORT said:

Are you taken the mickey?

Disruption at Windle cross is not a little. Its major and lasts for over 40 weeks.

Not what the Beloved Council Leaders say about  their MAGNIFICENT  ROAD DEVELOPMENTS inc Windle(not an island)works.Give them credit,for effectively managing our roads now covering that little change on Hard LaneCity road jct .Maybe could look at crossing area top Greenfield road to spend the last few MILLIONS IN RESERVE FUNDS? 

5 hours ago, HORT said:

Little change?

Why is it taking 2 months?

Theyve got to pre build the potholes,markings no one checks,and theyve got to have tea breaks.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s always the same 1 working why the other 3 or 4 stand and watch. I was at windle road works over the weekend I was at the lights on the east lanes coming from the Liverpool direction and was sat there a good 20 minutes before moving anywhere.the work they are carrying out  I can’t see it making that much of a difference to the traffic flow as it is a busy stretch of road.

29 minutes ago, Industrial view said:

It’s always the same 1 working why the other 3 or 4 stand and watch. I was at windle road works over the weekend I was at the lights on the east lanes coming from the Liverpool direction and was sat there a good 20 minutes before moving anywhere.the work they are carrying out  I can’t see it making that much of a difference to the traffic flow as it is a busy stretch of road.

Dont you remember the days of things like electrician an his mate,plumber and his mate etc.Unions deciding who could do what.. Everyone keeps going on about the GOOD OLD DAYS..Well thats what you are getting.When we started getting rid of these add ons. Everyone complained about job reductions? Surely you want full employment.Just think how beneficial we are.Think of all the jobs we are creating with online shopping.No more standing around in a queue waiting to be served by shop assistants who ignored you.So whats the pain in getting rid of a few shop assistants to get thousands of highly technical staff picking orders?All coming off the unemployment register and taking jobs the eastern europeans used to do.UTOPIA ?

Edited by non sibi sed omnibus