Sign in to follow this  
KnowsleyRoadSchoolboy1945

Three Good Years

My sixth novel "Three Good Years" has now been out for over three months and I am wondering if anyone here has read it yet and what are their general comments.  For those who haven't, here are a few of the chapter titles. The Jehovah's Widnes,  Minnie Cotton versus Dewsbury, Lord Beeching has been beaten before, Them bloody stupid pliers, Telling Stevo about Uno's Dabs, The Church of the Everyday Saints, The lady from Sint-Jans-Molenbeek,  The Dream,   He's in St Helens Hospital and The CID are now involved.

It is set during the 2006, 07 and 08 seasons and has a background of Work, Family Life, Saving the NHS and Rugby League much of it in my fictional local town of Ashurst and includes a very interesting  tale about the old Knowsley Road school.

Yes, I bought and read a copy. Thoroughly enjoyed it and can recommend it to others. I remember the Minnie Cotton incident in real life too.