RATTY

Burials for Davis/Davies

Ok I'm bug eyed. 

Can anyone who has records look for these burials for me? I have searched all mine and everything I can online and I just can't find them.
They could be under either Davis or Davies 
This family always lived in Parr and the first lot had children's baptisms  at Parish Church, No marriage has been found.

I'm looking for the burial place of 

Samuel Davies born 1797 died 3rd quarter 1838 
and his wife Margaret born 1797 Windle died 2nd quarter 1851

Although they were all born in St Helens as stated on census, no baptisms have been found for the second  family

James Davies born in 1834 died  2nd quarter of 1871  His wife married again and I think I found her at St Peters. I have their marriage at Farnworth
There is a possible for James at the crem 8/4/1871 but no family with him that connects. He was at Traverse Street when he died

Thanks

I just found  BT for a Margaret Davies burial 20/6/1851 with the signature of Edw Farrar as the person performing the ceremony, anyone place him in a church?

James Davies at St Thomas ...burial Nov 19 1869 age 35 abode Sutton is not mine as he was shown present n the 1871 census. Census was taken 2nd April so it could be the one in the crem 8th April

So what church for Margaret and where is Samuel?

Edited by RATTY

Hall St Church St Ormskirt St Tonetine St Eccleston Hill and Prescot are the only burial grounds before 1857 so that shoud narrow your search down The records for Church St Parish Church The non com Ormskirck St and St Mary Prescot records are avalible 

Ratty just a couple of points.

URC when i used to attend in the 50s and 60s.In front there was a small area that side infront of the school building.There were numerous gravestones laid flat THAT YOU WALKED ON.When Burtons was built they found i believe bodies buried there when excavating that corner area. 

Thanks both, this prompted me to look somewhere else, without any luck though, either there are missing or untranscribable records or they just didn't bother, anywhere to be found.

added 1 minute later

Can't find hide nor hair of Ed Farrer either

There is an entry for Margaret Davies in the St Helens Parish Church burial register.  Edward Ferrar performed the service.

Found him on the 1851 census at 83 Liverpool Road:

Edward Ferrar: Lodger: U: 26: Curate of St Helens Church: Ireland

Oh thanks much for that Lankylad, one more put to rest ....Sorry ;) 

added 13 minutes later

I couldn't find her in the Hard Lane cemetery search, the graves from Parish Church were reinterred there in 1970 and I thought the names would have been included in their lists am I wrong?

Whilst the burial service was at the Parish Church the internment could have been elsewhere which could explain why you didn’t find Margaret.

• Like (+1) 1