HORT

Travellers at Haresfinch Park

Travellers/ gypsies, Would it make any difference to their human rights.

54 minutes ago, icehead said:

Travellers/ gypsies, Would it make any difference to their human rights.

What has human rights got to do with it?

They have settled where they should not.

If l parked my car in the the park one of the parking officers would give me a fixed penalty,one law for them one law for us?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, HORT said:

What has human rights got to do with it?

They have settled where they should not.

What does it matter if they are travellers or gypsies ? You try parking a caravan on haresfinch park, you would be hit with a bill longer than your arm for damage and a string of motoring offences.

From the moment I saw their encampment on Thursday morning something seemed strange. Most of the caravans were huge, in immaculate condition and their vehicles were 4 x 4's, Suv''s huge estate cars, again all in good condition.

Add to this the awnings and gazebos they erected and it looked more like a caravan rally on a racecourse as organised by the Caravan Club.

Then it dawned upon me. There where no transit vans or pick up trucks with sign writing for gutters, soffits facias, block paving, tree felling or any of the other trades/services they offer.

It now seems they are not gypsies in the usual sense, but a travelling band of French campers enroute for Scotland.

Hi Di Hi Campers !

Here's hoping they'll be on their way soon and leave little or no mess.

10 minutes ago, Hangonamo said:

From the moment I saw their encampment on Thursday morning something seemed strange. Most of the caravans were huge, in immaculate condition and their vehicles were 4 x 4's, Suv''s huge estate cars, again all in good condition.

Add to this the awnings and gazebos they erected and it looked more like a caravan rally on a racecourse as organised by the Caravan Club.

Then it dawned upon me. There where no transit vans or pick up trucks with sign writing for gutters, soffits facias, block paving, tree felling or any of the other trades/services they offer.

It now seems they are not gypsies in the usual sense, but a travelling band of French campers enroute for Scotland.

Hi Di Hi Campers !

Here's hoping they'll be on their way soon and leave little or no mess.

You probably won't see any work vehicles, they are on holiday! They usually spend a few weeks each summer going round working out the best places to rip off next, There's a large traveller camp in Blackpool, in winter it's full, in summer it's almost deserted.

Incidentally has anyone heard all the BS about the arrests made over that brewery that got trashed? Apparently the police have arrested, 3 men and a 16 year old boy, wow that's a huge number of arrests, considering there was about a hundred of the thieving swines at the brewery, what's the betting they get off with it, I bet we don't hear of any more getting dragged in. It seems they are some kind of protected species, they can go around doing whatever they want, and get away with it, look at thatincident when that old bloke killed one, there was bugger all done about them making threats, or leaving piles of flowers outside the old guy's house, but when the locals threatened to turn nasty the police threatened to lock them up.

Sorry for the rant, it's just these scumbags want eradicating, If I had my way I'd be building a bloody big gas chamber.

• Like (+1) 3

The brewery was Thwaites Brewery in Blackburn. They descended on the historic brewery mob handed and ripped out all the copper pipes and other metals to be weighed in. It is estimated they caused circa £250 k damage and the brewery is now closed.

it is alleged that the Gipsy King of this family contacted the owners and told them if they paid him £20k he would stop the thieving and vandalism in an hour.

It is also alleged that the police did little or nothing to intervene to stop this crime, and were, in fact spectators to it.

The problems that confront the police in the highly sensitive PC world we now find ourselves in is that certain elements of society have attained the title/status of being "ethnic". This means that they will immediately play the race card should anyone oppose criticises or offend them, and they will call them racists, fascists, nazis and haters.

The only solution I can see to obtain a level playing field is that we white indigenous Britons band together and explore the legal avenues so we can acquire "ethnic status" in our own country. I'm being serious. Let's face it we seem to be the only group to whom the laws of the land apply, and who feel the full weight of the law if we break it.

• Like (+1) 3

They will be gone soon...…………...but you watch all of the shite that is left behind.

• Like (+1) 1

BJL, my spy informs me that they appear to be behaving themselves, bagging all their rubbish and stacking it near waste bins.

Hopefully they are tourists and will move on leaving little or no mess or damage to the park or surrounding area.

Interesting that council have just awarded a POTHOLE TARMACING CONTRACT FOR SEVERAL HUNDRED THOUSANDS!

They could be here for months and months methinks.Watch your local road/street and driveway.

9 hours ago, Hangonamo said:

BJL, my spy informs me that they appear to be behaving themselves, bagging all their rubbish and stacking it near waste bins.

That is an offence under the litter regs.,

They've gone.

They have bagged up all their rubbish and left them by the bins - albeit against the regs - for the council to collect hopefully ASAP before the local yoofs kick and throw them and the contents over the park.

I wonder where they have gone?

I hope its not Victoria Park!

Could have cos the big guns arnt there now.I'm sure some of our readers will soon spot them.MAYBE EVEN YOU HORT!,

I passed earlier, there are about 8 Caravans there on Sherdley Park

Carlisle has a massive gipsy throughput being on a North South, East West crossroads and the first point in England when they come over by ferry to Stranraer to go to the Appleby Horse Fair. I don't know how or why, but the police seem to have them under total control. If they dare park in an unauthorised place, they are moved on the same day. It didn't used to be so orderly, they were a real [pest when we first came here nearly 50 years ago. Maybe the Carlisle city police are not too PC to just tell them to frack off

On 30/06/2018 at 21:57, HORT said:

I wonder where they have gone?

I hope its not Victoria Park!

i seen a bunch of caravans on liverpool road on the " Save our Greenbelt "  site , near the playground there !!

I went past Sherdley park this morning and there were a good few caravans parked in the middle of the park, I did notice that some of them had foreign number plates, so possibly they are the same ones from Victoria Park. Our police are pathetic, they'll only have a go when there are more of them than of the offender, I've seen 6 or 8 coppers turn up when a bloke is beating up his wife, but get a load of gyppo's causing grief and they are conspicuous by their absence.

It makes me wonder though, if I was to visit the park, and rather than carry all my picnic stuff onto the grass, if I just drove on with my car, I wonder what would happen, I bet it wouldn't be long before I was moved on, but probably not before they'd given me a ticket for something.