Sign in to follow this  
joe90

Challenge Cup.

The Challenge Cup is here again,i have backed Wigan giving Hull KR 16 start,Saints have got a harder game against Castleford so who wins that i dont know.

Ive been bit many times on working ties out. I know hull kr have quite a few injuries and cas not got luke gale. I would give kr 25 at least and only 8 for cas. it depends which is more complacent thats an issue?

Poor game last night when Hull FC beat Fev. To be honest, even though it was sixty years ago, I still hate Featherstone for beating Saints at Post Office Road in those two quarter-final games in the mid 1950s. It was like winning at Wembley to me whenever Carlisle or Barrow beat them in the league

I was at both games when we lost. And yes, you're right. There was a snowstorm during one of them

13 hours ago, joe90 said:

The Challenge Cup is here again,i have backed Wigan giving Hull KR 16 start,Saints have got a harder game against Castleford so who wins that i dont know.

Hull have a number of players out with injuries so it should not be difficult for Wigan.

Cracking win for Saints in what was a cracking game until the big Castleford forwards ran out of steam in the last twenty minutes. Ben Barba was the big difference. He was just fantastic and the effect he has on games takes me right back to Mal Meninga in the 1980s and Jamie Lyon later.

I feared the worst when the draw put us away at Wheldon Road but no fear, we were magnificent

No doubt our pal joe 90 will have spotted the 2 obstruction incidents with different outcomes for and against saints. It was a linesman decision by different officials. But they did also get away with a reap. Tiredness a factor.

Those break away tries are oh so exciting:thumbup:

Saints were far better than Castleford,every time Castleford kicked the ball out to the wings Saints came up with the ball every time and scored two long distance tries through it,the missed tackles from Castleford cost them a lot.

Posted (edited)

Wigan beat Hull Kr 28-10 and i won my bet,all i can say if Wigan play like they did today they will win nothing this season because they were terrible,also Hull kr had a player sin binned in the first half and a player sent of bang on half time,Wigan had a player sin binned the first ten minutes second half.

Edited by joe90

Dont worry joe90.Even though wigan have been hit and miss theyve still won.Theyll play brilliant and lose a match. Perhaps pre match comments about hullkr injuries made them complacent. 

11 minutes ago, non sibi sed omnibus said:

Dont worry joe90.Even though wigan have been hit and miss theyve still won.Theyll play brilliant and lose a match. Perhaps pre match comments about hullkr injuries made them complacent. 

Wigan had a few players out,Burgess,Williams,Navarette,Escare,O,loughlin played first twenty minutes,Clubb came on in the last ten minutes.

See that they have drawn Warrington at Warrington  :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Big_Jeff_Leo said:

See that they have drawn Warrington at Warrington  :thumbup:

Again.

Its happened to saints over the years in different competitions.

For several years it was Wakefield when they had a fabulous side. When theres not  many teams left  its not too hard to bet for.

I watched the Warrington v Toronto game and at half time there was nothing in it,only for Toronto having three sin binnings and sending off it could have been a closer game,all Toronto were doing all the game was giving penalties away

Whoever gets to the semis will be praying for winners of Catalan and Huddersfield (My moneys on Leeds drawing them)

• Like (+1) 1