Whittle family from 1880

Looking for information regarding the Whittle family 1880s

Father was John born 1860

Mum was eliza 1860

Married 1880

They had 11 children

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Well, I'll be  a genius if I get this correct I reckon

John Whittle born 1860 Ravenhead a bottle man works for Cannington Shaw married  1880 Eliza Wright born 1860 Fenton, Burslem, Staffordshire

His parents were William born 1838  St Helens and Mary Ann Rigby born  ?1840  Winwick

the marriages :

William Whittle 19 Coal getter to Mary Ann Rigby 18 on 13 Dec 1856 at St John The Baptist Liverpool        

His father was John Whittle Labourer and hers Robert Rigby Boilermaker they both reside at  Bright Street

This could possibly be the wrong marriage I need more evidence although I have a marriage in my Billinge family at this church I think they were married here because she already had a child to someone else out of wedlock and her father was a teacher and Parish Clerk. They gave the same city address also. The priest in this church (which was behind St Georges Hall)  was renowned for marrying anyone, no rules. Make of this what you will. ;)

John Whittle 20 Bottle maker to Eliza Wright 20 both of St Helens married 20 June 1880 at St Johns Ravenhead. 

His father William Whittle Labourer, hers John Wright, Potter

Children of John/ eliza = Mary Ann b1881, Catherine b82, Sarah b97, Elizabeth b99, William b84, John b86, Robert Nathaniel b88, Thomas b90, Joseph b92,  James b94, Harry b1900, Edward b1903 - All these mothers maiden name was Wright

2 children died

1881 they are at 17 Brynn Street

1891 at 5 York Place

1901 101 Harris Street

1911 they are at 101 Harris Street

Children of William and Mary Ann =

John b1860, William b67, Robert Nathaniel b1872 (yup) Elizabeth Eleanor b62, Annie b64, Mary b69, Catherine b77 - all these mothers maiden name Rigby except William which was mistranslated Rigley

In 1891 William and Mary Ann are at   13 Barrow Street

I have the marriage certs if you need them

added 40 minutes later

AHA! Proved the marriage.

in 1851 at ?Olive Street I think it says, Toxteth district 1aaa Liverpool

Robert Rigby 37 Boiler maker born St Helens

Ellen his wife 36 born Winwick

Daughters Elizabeth age 13 and Mary age 10 both born Winwick

and this could be William Whittle b 1838 

1851 Bold Street St Helens

father John 50 ag lab born sutton,  Mother Ellen 47 born st helens, siblings - Thomas, Joseph,  John,   Mary,  Catherine

William is age 13 and a coal miner poor thing, so ties in with the marriage

Edited by RATTY
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Omg!!!! That's the information I've got too x how are you related to it all?

I'm not. I just researched it from the info you gave ;)

What else did you want to know then if you have all this?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Sorry I found John and eliza and some of the children's names (knew there was 11 children) but not all of them.

What I should of said you've confirmed that I've got the correct people but I knew nothing about the other information like weddings/their own parents/other siblings etc. I apologise for phrasing it wrong. 

I'm looking into my fathers side family tree and got stuck here hence asking. 

That's ok muzzer, I wasn't getting at you, just confused,.If there's anything else just let me know

added 0 minutes later

Do you want the certificates for proof? I can PM you the files

• Thanks (+1) 1

I would really appreciate that thank you.

I've been using Find my past but dont fully understand how to use it as yet. Is Ancestry better or any other search site do you recommend? 

Thank you ever so much for the information you have given me. Much appreciated.

I really like Ancestry and get most of my stuff from there, I know its expensive but I use it a lot and usually save christmas and birthday money to help pay for yearly subs.  I also own a few data CDs I have bought over the years. I use familysearch, Lancashire on line parish clerks, free BMD,  GRO indexes and their PDF certificates which are £6 at the moment. I also use findmypast now and again, in a pay as you go kind of way, if I find records there I need (ie 1939 census and their newspapers, but I find you have to be careful and know what is around elsewhere as you can end up paying for things that you can get for free. There are plenty of records out there if you know where to look. The rest is help from sites like this and rootschat.

Will PM you those records now

Edited by RATTY
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you so much. Like i said i really appreciate the information you have given me. I will definitely search around other sites so thank you for the heads up on them. You are a star *

• Like (+1) 1