Sign in to follow this  
HORT

Pewfall Junction on the East Lancs

I do not think this is a bad problem for traffic.

However millions are to be spent on so called improvements.

If its anything like the Millions spent on the "improvements" of the East Lancs /M6 junction its going to another waste of money that makes congestion worse than it is now.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/16194800.Council_receives___2_6m_for_A580_improvement_works/?ref=rss

• Like (+1) 1

Ah very true, however you forgot one thing about the junction 23 improvement scheme, it actually created jobs or at least keeps people in work. You see, I live not too far from there and under the old design there were 2 or 3 accidents a week, now there is at least one a day, so, given that most accidents require a recovery truck to move the damaged vehicles, police attendance, insurance company staff to deal with the claim, then garage staff to repair the vehicles, then obviously more jobs, or at the very least more work has been created, and that's before we get to the bloodsucking leaches who ring you for months afterwards trying to get you to claim for non-existant injuries.

On a serious note though, I have to agree with you it's a total waste of money, the phasing of the lights doesn't help, it must have been designed by either a blind man or someone who had no idea about traffic management. I think the major issue is simply the volume of traffic, as my mum used to say, "you can't get a quart into a pint pot", something the designers of these schemes have obviously never heard.

Hi,Philthespark. I wonder if you are one of the number of people,who after criticising the lack of a safe crossing on the elr at haydock.Still do not use the metal bridge to cross. Instead they chance their luck climbing over the central reservation and dodging cars lorries etc as they go to work at sainsburys or many of the other units. Sure you arnt.

19 minutes ago, non sibi sed omnibus said:

Hi,Philthespark. I wonder if you are one of the number of people,who after criticising the lack of a safe crossing on the elr at haydock.Still do not use the metal bridge to cross. Instead they chance their luck climbing over the central reservation and dodging cars lorries etc as they go to work at sainsburys or many of the other units. Sure you arnt.

No, I am not, they make an unpleasant mess when they get hit by a vehicle at speed, unfortunately, I have seen the aftermath. I've seen people walking along the M58 to get to and from work, because, as one said when I asked him why he was doing it, "it's the quickest way home"  It's like near me, they campaigned for a crossing for ages, got one at a cost of several thousand pounds, then ignore it and cross about a hundred yards away, maybe we need jaywalking laws like in the states

ive just installed a philthespark detection unit to make sure!!! weve got a blinder of a set of lights near us.theyve got tnose flaps across so no one can see till you get on them.YIKES cant wait for a lorry etc zooming tbrough.