Sign in to follow this  
Alan

Saints v Catalans

Anyone care to comment about the game, please? I was just getting score updates on BBC website and thought it was going to be the usual Catalans banana skin until we finished with a flourish to end up comfortable 46 - 28 winners

Hi Alan.didn't watch or listen.But was panicking when heard Wilkin wasback.I believe?Holbrooks key is to get him nobbled as early as poss!

I listened to the game,Saints had plenty of possesion but that was with Catalans giving penalties away,i am not sure if i heard it right, the commentator Ray French say about ten minutes from time that the penalty count was 16-3,then he said some thing like he as give Catalans one now.Saints scored three late tries.

Edited by joe90
missed some thing out.

there have been comments from other catalan matches that theygive too many penalties away.When talking about possession you need to relate it to the location.Catalans say could have given penalties away in saints half as an example.At least saints were playing to the end whistle.

Catalan were definitely trying to slow down the play and were hanging on in the tackle, so he penalised them. The Saints players started to push them off as the stood up and he penalised them, for walking through the mark. The are a big side and our forwards had to play well. I have to say that the try Alex Walmsley scored from 50-60 yards was a belter. Gradually Saints got on top and were playing good open rugby by the end. As usual James Roby was superb. Theo Fages got the man of the match for his broken field play and Young Danny Richardson is coming along nicely as the others begin to trust him.

The forwards are running in two and threes which is good to see as they are using their pace as well as their size.

Someone said to me 'if we win every game from now to the end of the season, we will be the Champions'. Perhaps we will but it is a big ask and I bet you could get good odds on that.

Interesting the crowd was given as 10,025 for the second match running.I suppose they want to keep the average above 10,000, and hopefully more people will turn up for the last 3 home games.

• Like (+1) 1