Sign in to follow this  
Tea Time

Pilkingtons Personnel Department

I'm not sure if this is in the correct place on here, but..

Does anyone remember anybody that worked in the personnel Department at Pilkingtons from the 1960's on?

The only person that I can remember from Pilks Personnel, was Harry Howard (Manager, Cowley Hill Works) who interviewed me in March 67 - lovely man who could really put you at ease while interviewing.  I did have two interviews at Head Office but, for the life of me, I can't remember any of the names.  I only remember Harry Howard because his daughter was in the same year as me at Cowley.

I DO remember that as 16yr olds, we were entitled to 'subsidised lunch tickets' that we had to get from Personnel on a Monday morning.

At Cowley Hill there was also Miss Valentine.

• Like (+1) 1

The Triplex Personnel Manager in 1971 when I left was Peter Hackett. I'm guessing, but if he's still around he'll be in his mid 80s now

Does anyone remember a Mrs Walsh there? I'm not sure exactly what her job was.

I remember frank forber at sheet works personnel  late 60s to early 70s then he went to pilks Wrexham. john dunn also worked there  at the same time.

Does anyone remember Barry Haroldson known as 'Barold' to his good friends ?

He was there in the early 70's then emigrated to Australia !

Ravenhead Personnel in 1960: Norman Wilcock (Wilcox?)Charles Parr and Norman? Cannot remember his surname. Lived in Ashton-in-Makerfield.  Norman W and I believe Charlie passed away quite some time ago.  I worked in Personnel from 1961 to 1965.  Policy then was that pregnancy meant termination of employment. Even though I returned to Ravenhead in 1966, I was classified as a new starter!