Sign in to follow this  
PRV

Wigan V Saints on Good Friday

We can't escape the obvious, Saints were playing without fear today. Regan Grace has been kept out 'because he can't tackle' Never saw him miss one and what a runner he is. Pity we were forced to play with 12 men but we can but hope that more of that spirit and drive will be there for the rest of the season.

Pace in the back line will make such a difference to watching our team play.

I feared the worst before the game and then when Amor was sent off, I thought we'd be stuffed. But no; a great game and edge of seat stuff

I was not very confident also Alan after the red card but it proved to be a great game to watch with a much improved performance from Saints. I hope all the talckling we had to do hasn't ttaken too much out of us for the Castleford game on Monday.

What a find in young Grace.

Grace has been playing fab in the Academy.Still lack of ideas.Dropped passes,high swinging tackles.Amor was set up!He should have seen the players aim!Some players still not at home!As mentioned on tv.Smith the only one to stop rest will follow,?

Why has Grace not played earlier. Did Cunningham not realise how the u19s were doing last season? Was he given advise but chose to ignore it?

Must admit though from were I was sat Kyle Amor seemed unlucky to be sent off. Appeared to hit ball first (If he hit his head first he wouldn't have got up as quick as he did) I'm sure Joe will put me right. Seen it many times during season and free kick is outcome.

Having said that Saints had to play with what they had and played very well.Think our backs saw more of the ball than they had so far this season

Grace was Brilliant Today..you never knew what he was going to do next, His only mistake was a big one when he fumbled that kick on the line when he should have left it..Wigan went on to score a soft try on the back of it..BUT I am not being critical as it was his first game and that sort of instinctive decision making will come with experience and coaching.

The sending off was unfortunate, I do no not think that he meant anything by it, his arm hit the ball and then shot upward to his head as from the force of the impact. The Ref was in error in that he should of gone upstairs for advice before making the decision.

saints need a good clear-out, bad buys and past sell-by dates at least 6 players I'd say.

Wigan did not play all that good yesterday and with Saints down to 12 men i thought they would have beat them more than what they did,should he have been sent off,the ref said yes so thats it.

Edited by joe90

23 hours ago, joe90 said:

Wigan did not play all that good yesterday and with Saints down to 12 men i thought they would have beat them more than what they did,should he have been sent off,the ref said yes so thats it.

I wonder what the outcry would have bee it was a Wigan player who was sent off under the same tackle.

21 minutes ago, Minerlad said:

I wonder what the outcry would have bee it was a Wigan player who was sent off under the same tackle.

It would have been like when Ferres did it to a Wigan player the other week and never got sent off.

Exactly.is it only a sending off if it is a Saint's player if in the Refs eyes the saints player has to be sent off for the rest of the match. Notice how many players other than a Saints player to have committed the same offence is given 10 miniutes in the sin bin. so far this Season.

What are your thoughts on when Lance did it to Flower,then Flower got sent off for which he got banned for,Flower should have got a longer ban,Both tackles going in with the elbow is wrong.