Sign in to follow this  
jinty

Prescot help please?

I'd with Stephen - Ancestry is my first port of call when searching - though I've never added a tree there

I think it costs somewhere between $70 ish to £120 ish per annum

I lot of people seem to like genesreunited

it costs £10 a month I think

if you simply want to produce a treeand add notes etc then genopro might suite

I'd with Stephen - Ancestry is my first port of call when searching - though I've never added a tree there

I think it costs somewhere between $70 ish to £120 ish per annum

I lot of people seem to like genes reunited

it costs £10 a month I think

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/

if you simply want to produce a tree and add notes etc then genopro might suite

http://www.genopro.com/

if you like it its 1 off fee of around £20

you can try all of them as a trial and see what you like

I am on MyHeritage.com, it is free to sign up and make a family tree and then if you need further info. from their records,

then you have to pay, but just making the tree has helped me to organise all my ancestors and the site lets you know about matches that have more info, helping me to progress further, plus contact other relatives.

https://www.myheritage.com/login

Edited by Phyll

Thanks to you all for the help..I'm going to have fun following up on everything you've found.

One more question though please..I have a photograph of mother and grandfather taken sometime in the early 50's I'd say. They're standing on the steps of a grand building, perhaps in Colwyn Bay North Wales. Do you have any tips as to a way of finding the location?..a place to post things like this maybe?..

thanks anyway for the help so far :)

Jinty, I have a friend who has just finished writing a book on the Welsby family,I will ask if Norah,William & the three children are in there.

Jinty, I was shown the Weslby family history to day going back to the 1500's as you can imagine their were hundeds of names and I was unable to find Nora & William and their three children,but that doesn't mean they weren't there somewhere ! I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything I'll let you know.

Hi artyfarty, thanks for looking into this regarding my auntie and her first husband

..as far as I can find out Norah (b 1923) and William Welsby (b1923) had more children than are listed

William (b1945 - d 1945)

Carol (or Caroline - not sure which) (b1947 - d1947)

Geoffrey (b1960 -)

Then there are also two more siblings (my cousins) I know but who arent recorded (no idea why). One was born in 1945 in Scotland and the other one born in 1950.

Is there a simple way to find divorces/second marriages?

Edited by jinty

Jinty- starting with the easiest

Ancestry has searchable divorces - but only until 1914 - if anyone has more info I'd also like to know

Birth in Scotland - I only searched England and Wales - Scotland keep their own BMD

- had a quick look at these but can't see anything that fits

I checked the E&W baptisms by looking for a combination of surname Welsby and mother's maiden name Molloy

but the 3 you mention are the only ones I could find within the relevant timescales

You mention a possibility of a second marriage do you know the surname and could these other cousins be the result of that union?

Edited by GeoffB

Hi GeoffB, the two cousins I havent been able to find information about were Welsby's by birth. One has assured me she was born in Dunfermline in 1945, The other one born in 1950 in Whiston possibly.

So their parents were Norah Welsby (nee Molloy - 1923) and William Welsby (b 1923)

My auntie Norah's 2nd marriage was to Frank Woodcock ..I found a reference to that ..possibly in 1971..no more children as far as I am aware.

Thanks for your help :)

Birth of L**** J Welsby reg Q2 1950 Prescot, mother Molloy.

Thank you jvy20, thats one more ticked off :) ..all the info is correct so I think thats my cousin :)

Artyfarty..I agree wholeheartedly :)..you have all been extremely helpful. I'd have no idea where to start if I was left to my own devices.

• Like (+1) 1

There is a William Welsby of Rainhill, born 1657 died 1739 in our tree.

ooooo halj..thats very interesting although I have no idea at the moment how to find out if that one is part of my tree too..thanks for it though.. :)

Hopefully it will all come together eventually :)