Sign in to follow this  
Vanwall

Nibbits

One for the more older members, who remembers Nibbits (spelling may not be correct)?

were the tiny suares of liqourice or some similar flavour. not sure though i may be getting them mixed up with somethinge else

Hi Vanwall.

I used to love nibbets. They where're corn snacks very similar

to chipstick now!. I think you can still get um.

They were about 2" long, wiggly and if my memory serves me right, slightly salty.

Used to buy ours from Vera in the little shop in Queen's Rec Park - packet of Nibbits and a frozen Jubbly :yes:

Phyll, they certainly look very similar to the original Nibbits, they were delicious.

Phyll, they certainly look very similar to the original Nibbits, they were delicious.

Used to buy ours from Vera in the little shop in Queen's Rec Park - packet of Nibbits and a frozen Jubbly yes.gif

Ollie, would that be in the buildings were you got your bowls from?

Hi Vanwall - no, it was the little shop (backing onto the 'swings') between the water fountain and the place you went to pay for the tennis courts and get the bowls :yes:.

The shop used to open for Easter Weekend, then each weekend until Whit. After Whit, it opened every day until the kids went back to school after the summer holidays. After that it was each weekend until 'half-term', then closed for the winter months. There were a couple of tables with folding chairs in there and Vera served cups of tea and coffee with biscuits.

Just been for little 'nosey' on Google Street view - but it's not on there any more :(; neither is the 'bowls hut' .. but there's a brick wall covered with graffiti. Perhaps that's all that's left of the hut :dunno:.

Ollie, would that be in the buildings were you got your bowls from?

Ollie,

Thanks for that