Sign in to follow this  
HORT

Breeze Bar (formerly Landings, formerly Rope and Anchor)

In town, I notice that the Breeze Bar (formerly The Landings, formerly Rope and Anchor) is up for sale.

Does anyone know if this is about to close or to be sold as a going concern?

Don't know - I saw the sign myself earlier. It must be a terrible struggle to make some pubs pay these days. I occasionally look up the pubs that some of the ancestors had and I was a bit shocked to see this story about one of the pubs in Hammersmith. The current occupiers have lost all their savings and they've been surviving on less than minimum wages.

Didn't this pub become an irish bar at one time,i recall the tri-colour being flown,i also heard the collection box use to be passed around,no donation,no drink,never experienced it my self though.

No idea what it's like inside, but its exterior doesn't look too welcoming

Last time I was in here (1990) it was populated by toothless ladies and rough chaps. The beer was virtually undrinkable.

It's hard enough to keep a pub with all the positives in place.

Those 'opening hours' don't look good - appears to be closed from 8.00pm on most evenings :dunno:.

No wonder that pubs that can't turn a profit are being sold off for housing - if it were redeveloped, that particular one would make four reasonably sized flats.

I'm trying to find records of former owners of the R&A. I believe my great-grandfather Richard Clarke was once an owner. This could have been in the 1880s or early 90s. Any references would be helpful.

Rope and Anchor...dangerous place..reminded me of that Pub on the moors in An American Werewolf in London.

The slaughtered Lamb:-------------

• Haha (+1) 1

Used to go in there early 70s Sam and Irene Saxon had it then