Swindles/Swindells family of St. Helens

june howard

Swindells Roofing is still operating in Sutton Manor.When I was working for British Lead Mills(formerly Holman Michell) they used to buy lead flashings from us and I used to call in every month or so to check that all was ok.Sheila Swindells was a director there and a hard bargainer,always looking to knock me down on price ! She was still there in 2003 when I retired.

I have been researching the Swindles/Swindells family for some time. The furthest back is the marriage of Joseph Swindles from Manchester to Mary Davies who was from Chester in 1845. They lived in Saltney Street near the dock road in Liverpool then but their five sons were born around the Warrington area, .William born 1847, John born 1852, Joseph born 1848, Thomas born 1860 and George born 1863. I did know June Swindells, she was the daughter of my mother's cousin Richard. June and I (my name is June too) are descended from Joseph Swindells.

Archived