Sign in to follow this  
artyfarty

Ex Saints Peter Harveys new book

Been reading his book entitled "Redhead with fire in his boots" (My life in Rugby League) It's a good read for anyone interested in Saints in the 1960's or in Rugby League in General and charts his life from his early days spent in and around Lafack through to his time playing with the great Saints sides of the 1960's alongside the likes of Tom Van Vollenhoven,Alex Murphy,len Killeen,Dick Huddart et al.

Already in my Christmas stocking

We met Peter on the night of the grand final we had a great chat and he told us some great anecdotes he was looking forward to the books release asked him would he sign a copy for me when its released which he said he would gladly do..its also a good read about his early days in union and switching codes to league

Thanks for the reviews so far 300 books have been bought from me. About 100 more from book shops. I have set up a direct buy for locals. Buy from Redheadbooks2440@gmail.com I will deliver locally, or post nationally for £2.50 or internationally at the going rates.

Redhead Books is me! 1 for £15, 2 for £25, 3 for £30. People can join together to buy 3, free delivery to one address only.

Just email me at that address and leave your address and telephone number. I will deliver personally signed books.

Just finished reading Peter's book. In fact I couldn't put it down once I'd started. A great book for all lovers of either code of rugby and a very human story at that. Peter has a clear and elegant writing style with a great descriptive talent.

After reading some of the dross that passes as rugby players' autobiographies, this is a breath of fresh air. Quite the best rugby-related book I've read in years (and I buy at least a dozen every year). Well done Peter Harvey

Edited by Alan
  • Like (+1) 1

Well done Peter.

I would also recommend "Bumper" by Larry Writer. A biography of Frank 'Bumper' Farrell, the Australian and Newton Jets infamous forward of the 1940s. He was also a policeman in the notorious Kings Cross/Darlinghurst areas of Sydney who maintained order in a not quite PC manner (forgive the pun). Simply a marvelous portayal of the 1940s.