Sign in to follow this  
HORT

What I miss about Victoria Park.

The restoration in Victoria Park makes it look really good, but there are a few things that I miss.

I miss the museum.

I miss the waterfall feature.

I miss the drinking fountain.

I miss the Park Keepers.

I miss the sundial.

I miss the bowling greens.

I miss the bottom tennis courts.

I miss the Old Men’s building.

I miss the putting green.

Then again, I miss the Cafe, the toilets, the mulberry tree, the castleated tower in the folly, the white bridge over the pond.

I also miss the green boat-house and the small stretch of water beyond the white bridge.

Not forgetting the island that has been taken away from near where the sundial stood.

I miss the park wall, the fish in the pond and the freshwater oysters.

I miss the sunken garden, the climbing frame and see-saw.

I miss the weather station.

It seems the more I think about it, the more I remember that I miss.

Have I missed owt?

• Like (+1) 4

Have I missed owt?
Yes, the clouds of brown smoke that used to envelop the City Road field whenever an aast wind blew the smoke from Top Works across it

The long roofed summer house with seats all around it near the fountain and the sunken gardens were me and my wife did our courting near the bishops road enterance innocence time no vandals around to ruin it

The rock bands that used to play on the plinth were the skate board park is now with a big noisy generator supplying the power.

Oh no it's OK that is still happening this afternoon.

I miss the wall. Especially the bit down Cowley Hill Lane to Bishop Road.

Yes, I noticed the wall had gone too. There also used to be a wall around Sherdley Park. Wonder why they were removed?

Hi wall lovers.

The Long WALL as we knew it along sherdley road disappeared some time ago.Though I cant remember,the memory of it still stays-we used to go along it as we went from GParents to Sutton Manor.

The 2 walls around vicky park also hold memories-one USELESS and possibly a MYTHICAL fact written in Sthelens Newspaper/or StHelens Star many months ago.It was in a question raised by a reader who wanted to know about the demise of outside public loos.It was mentioned that the OLDEST was within the wall along North Road opp Pilks works!

Regards Stone walls in general.Have people noticed how so many of these walls disappear slowly.Ive driven round Crank and similar locations over the years and noticed how small areas of stone pieces suddenly disappear.No doubt now resting in someones garden!?