Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robbob2010

The Crem

Wow, Great Photos Rob. Very clever with the Red and Grey and a spooky orb too. Thanks.

That saying "I wasnt alone" i felt that day i wasnt.I'm going back before christmas for a few hours if not.. for eternity ;)

Great photos once again, Robbob :yes:.

With nos. 2 and 3 being prime examples of the discussion on another thread about red/grey being complimentary.

Nice one Rob they are very effective and the grey-scale adds to overall mood well done :-)

Robster, is the last picture an attempt by the Hades Escape Collective. ?)

Absolutely amazing how atmospheric it all looks in monochrome - especially with the ever-present mist at this time of year :yes:.

Sorry Ollie these was taken in 2011 but..nothing has changed.It will be the same today only for the seasons.

Does anybody know if the church in the cemetery is in use as ide love to go in for some piccys,if no one on here knows i could always as Marlene from the friends of the cemetery

I think the last picture in the original post is me mam's grave. She's buried on top of me dad and all her life claimed she was going to leave him beerchug.gif

Remember a while back when there was outrage about the gravestones being tied up in St Helens cemmy?

The topic reminded me to pluck this article from a week or two ago out of my browser history.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2508361/Outrage-Norway-gravestones-covered-BLACK-BAGS-notes-demanding-overdue-rental-payment.html

Nice pics used love going in the old one.

2nd pic is cool if you blur your vision a little by squinting you can see a little hooded druid type figure.

It was a bit of a controversy at the time Rob. I'm sure there were one or two topics on here at the time (as well as in the papers).

I remember the fuss about the graves being roped off and declared as needing securing. There was also notices attached to some headstones instructing the owners to contact the council. I've been up there today and am sure there's no ropes left. Wonder what happened

I was there on Armistice Sunday and yes there are still gravestones tied up like splints and others have been laid flat under the so called H&S rules. I call it vandalism.

I agree Dicky about the vandalism but have you walked on the ground around the gravestones up near Hard lane end? not on the path i mean around them.The day i taken the pics of the Policemans headsone being unveiled i had a few wobbles (Sober)walking around people as the ground is terribly uneven

Ps, i need to get in that church there

There is nothing in there it is used for storage I have three tables in there that are from the Gamble

Some of your best work Robster.. very atmospheric.. watch them rabbit holes by the way..!!

You on about the Skull's Head Dave in the paper.

Rob, on post #7.

Pics 1, 5 & 6 are brilliant. They bring back so many memories for me as a child when I experienced my first loss.

The old part of the crem is so much more enigmatic and 'crem-like' than the newer Dentons Green end. But thats probably just my age showing I expect.

Thanks for these Rob, you have stirred a few emotions for me tonight :-)