Sign in to follow this  
gilly

Your teachers,can you name 'em?Are they still with us?

I started there Sept 1957 and probably know you. What is/was Eccleston Park Tech College ?

West Park teachers in my day (49-58):

Joan Greenall prep 1, Bert Roberts Art, Dicko Wainwright Latin, Jim Begley - caner, Johnny Rogan bully Music, Sis Crawley French, Maggie Lofthouse, French, Bopper Howarth English, Willie McDonagh Maths, Shy Pilkington Chemistry, Sam Pilkington Physics, Basil Shacklady Science, Doc Mulhen French and Fantasy, Dan Bolger English, May Reilly and Pa Reilly Bookshop.

Brothers: Patrick Headmaster, Vincent Headmaster, Augustine Headmaster. Anselm- kindly, Walter - avant garde, Stephen - peevish, Serenus - frightening, Colman - jovial, James - stern, Victor - friendly, Damian - popular, Raymond - venerable, Gilbert - recruiter, Leonard - the skull, Ambrose - young.

Can anyone remember the school plays? Basil and Dan Bolger were producers

Do you remember all first years (new kids) had to go in the 'black hole' at the St George's Street steps.

Henry Penketh's kitchen served morning milk outside the chemistry lab!

Anybody out there as old as this makes me?

I started there in 1962 and remember many of the teachers you mention.

I was there 69 onwards and remember some of them !!

Whiston Central or Whiston County Secondary mod or Rainhill HIgh take your pick

Mr Chris Kedge Geography and Rugby

Mr Roberts Woodwork

Mr Potter - woddwork/chemistry

Mrs Payne- english /PE married to Mr Payne- PE
Miss Balmer - Biology
Miss Heaton (Nellie) Maths
Mr Dale- History
Mr Swift English O level
Miss Hall - PE
Mr Donohue -French
Struggling to remember maths teacher or Headmaster /deputy head..
We too had to wear uniform at all times and walk down one side of the corridor and had to fetch the black book and the cane for our own punishment.
Uniform was dark blue with light blue shirt no jackets for girls but jumpers I think early years were grey with blue shirt but its hazy, tie was dark blue and 3 thin gold diagonal stripe, the badge was dark blue shield with gold lion rampant. yeah rampant

Mr Lang - Maths

Mr Billington - DH

Mr Johnson - H

Les Walkden - PE

Alan Jones - Geography

Do any of you West Parkers remember Mike McLoughlin?

Do any of you West Parkers remember Mike McLoughlin?

I remember the name but not the face, what subject did he teach?

Guest Honey

Merton Bank Junior

Harold Cook Headmaster

Mr Hall

Mr Fitsimmons

did Mr Fitsimmons have a wife who was a teacher too? we had one at Robins Lane though it might have been spelled Fitzimmons now I think about it

think so was he rugby/geography?

Yes, a short, stocky guy. Liked him. My brother taught at West Park starting in the 70s so I will ask him about MM.

i was there in 70's who was your brother?

John Campbell, not sure what year he started.

Spoke with my brother, he taught at WP from 1973 until 1986. He believes Mike M is still with us and lives in Thatto Heath.

I left in '74 sorry don't recall your brother

As an Old Girl who went to Notre Dame High School in the fifties I agree with everything Griffin has said. In summer the nuns patrolled the playing fields and if west park were on the field it was more like 20 ft from the Brook. Rules were plentiful. An all girls school run by nuns was no place of fun. Still, felt lucky to be there. Dedicated subject rooms. Art. Science. Cookery. Playing fields for hockey. Netball etc . And out of school some of their influence stuck. Don't remember much sex education though. Had a Biology lab. But only learned about Amaeba's multiplying and dividing . Still don't know what one is. lol.

Does anyone remember Mr Westhead at St Anselms?

I remember a Mr Westhead from St Cuthies Pete - he was the woodwork teach I think and always nipping in the stockroom for a quick smoke :)

• Like (+1) 1

Mr t***.

Mr t***.

Mr Fat t***.

Mr Short Ass t***.

Mr Big Bully t***.

Mr Pervert t***, Loved watching the lads in the shower.

Mr Head Honcho Complete Power Mad Fascist t***.

Miss B. a young lads dream come true, and I know a few who got that dream.

Miss W sexy bitch who was getting screwed daily in the stock room off Mr G.

Mr strange who was Screwing quite a few of the 5th year slags.

Mr scumbag B who Loved to make sure he broke or fractured at least one finger when caning you "sick sycho".

Mrs J. the only one who actually cared for me, I loved her cus she had big tits, she would always cuddle me and grab my head and push it tween them beauties.

And Many more that I hope they burn in hell.

And When I find Out MR H is dead I will dance on't fkrs grave.

• Like (+1) 1

Does anybody remember Roy Woods - sports teacher at Central Modern in mid 60's. Any idea where he went next if anywhere?

Our headmaster was a raving looney with a christ fixation,he spent more time at church than the school,if it was down to him so would the pupils, the other teachers laughed at him behind his back during assembly,where he would rant on about the writing in the toilets and how sick and twisted the perpetrators were,he was probably the one doing it.Our geography teacher,Mr B was a short fat ugly git with a chip on his shoulder,our woodwork teacher was superb,a real top bloke,he would call you by your surname without it sounding demeaning,our biology teacher miss D was fantastic,the science teacher Mr L was a prick who i now know knew fk all about science,art teacher,great,technical drawing teacher,great,one of the sports teachers great,it wasn't a bad school,but i dont miss it,never have,never will.

I attended Parr Central Boys School from 1946 to 1950.It was a first class school under the Headteacher Jack Houghton.I played in the Rugby and Soccer teams and also took part in the Gilbert & Sullivan Operas. We got a very good education from a great staff,including a number of ex servicemen who had served in WW2 with great life-skills.

I am new here and attended the new West Park at Alder Hey Road 1965-1972.

I was in town recently, and was reminiscing about the loss of a close relative, when I recalled that although I started at the new West Park I did visit the Old West Park once with my parents, to pick up my school uniform.

So I walked up Prescott Road to see if I could locate the Old School and if I could remember it.

I found West Park Road but the school was gone and replaced by a housing estate.

Try as I might I couldn't remember much about that one visit around August 65, apart from getting off the bus on Prescot Road, and then being inside the buildings with my parents where a lady issued my school uniform. I couldn't even remember the access door .

I did some research on the web and located some ariel pics of the Ravenhead works in 39 and 47, and they showed quite well the Old School.

As for Alder Hey road I didn't enjoy my time there at all, like a fish out of water, but after unexpected O level success, I completed the further two A level years and did ok.

I can remember most of the teachers already mentioned , and a couple of other names stick in my mind, "Jasper" - Physics teacher, Dennis LaVell - Maths, Gilmore- geography ,and an Irish bloke , taught RE?, who everybody made fun of - even the staff.

Edited by MemoryLane