Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lizthemeerkat

Pimbletts Pies!

Oh my word! Pimblett's pies were definitely pie-heaven!! they were definitely the best pies ever. When I was a child they were a Saturday treat .. especially the meat and potato and of course the apple .. I know there was a shop in college street, one in Fingerpost and one somewhere else in town (Barrow St maybe?) .. such a shame they all had to close down a few years ago .. due to being undersold by cheaper places I think? last one I had was I think in early 2008. I live in Liverpool but whenever I used to visit my parents I always stopped off at one of the shops for a pie .. Sayers and Greggs etc have absolutely NOTHING on them - you just can't replace quality!!

Greggs come close with their steak slice,it's the blackcurrant and custard pies I miss,by the way they are still doing some of the products from a bakery in Jackson Street Fingerpost,two former male employees have set it up and supply a number of outlets,the Deli in Rainford is one of them.

There were quite a few Pimbletts shops in town, Bridge Street, Westfield Street and Baldwin Street, There was also one at Rivington Ave Windle. I have never had Sayers pies, but I have had Greggs, once, and that was once too often, as for the new Pimmies pies, they're nothing like the originals. As you say Lizthemeerkat you can't replace quality.

Try Ray's in Prescot------- everyone a winner. And allus 'as bin. eatyum.gif

everyone to their own--but i never fancied em 2% meat rest potatoes and pastry i wouldnt have given em next doors dog.

I liked pimmers but i found i always had to

follow up with a couple of gaviscon,,

must have been the pepper,

everyone to their own--but i never fancied em 2% meat rest potatoes and pastry i wouldnt have given em next doors dog.

Surely they had more meat than that?Or was that just those the ones that were sold in Rainford?

Love Pimmies pies, but I agree with you Skyman far to much pepper, but mayble that is what gave them their distinctive taste. Love the meat and potatoe and the steak; the gravy in the steak was lovely. No other pies come close to them. Pimblets used to also sell frozen pies which you could enjoy at home once defrosted and cooked. Bring back pimmies pies please.

still breaking the law in some shops by not calling them

POTATO AND MEAT PIES, petty law though isnt it ?

Ooh used to love them, put a quarter of a pie on a slice of bread and butter, delicious. Tried one of the Pimmys pies couple of weeks ago, just not the same I'm afraid.

There's a lttle bakery on Duke Street and his steak pies are just the best, and as for the almond macaroons - oh shame I'm in work else I'd be driving to get one.

Ooh used to love them, put a quarter of a pie on a slice of bread and butter, delicious. Tried one of the Pimmys pies couple of weeks ago, just not the same I'm afraid.

There's a lttle bakery on Duke Street and his steak pies are just the best, and as for the almond macaroons - oh shame I'm in work else I'd be driving to get one.

The best thing about Pimbletts in Westfield St was a young lady I met called Joyce T. who worked there back in the 60's. Anyone remember her?

Pimmies, dear me. Words don't describe how nice their meat an tatty pies were. Tons of pepper and beat any other hands down. Got to agree, pie butty .. Is it tea time yet?

Not tried the re-makes they're doing in town. Might just have to give it a go on my way past tomorrow.

Btw pimmies had a shop in Thatto Heath too.

Agreed that Pimmies M&P were the Kinf of Pies.

Also, take Les' advice in the earlier post and pop along to Ray's Bakery in Prescot. Doesn't matter which type of pie you buy there, they are all delicious.

Samuel Mercer on Higher Parr St was a far better pie for me at least it looked like meat in their pies and not corned dog like Pimmes.

TOO MUCH PEPPER.they should have given free Gaviscon with each pie,,,,,,,,,,,

The uncrowned King of Pies,no longer here was the Slip in Cafe Corporation St

used to be opposite the Theatre Royal,,,,,,,,,

i remember them well my brother and i served in the army in the late 80 s, we where based in germany and we had a thing going with the other lads in the regiment from st helens that who ever went on leave had to fetch a load of pimmie pies back for the rest of us , morale was sky high lol couldnt beat them , one of the lads actually opened a pie shop in germany i believe .

There was a van with "Pimmies Pies" written on the side of it,parked just before the new Saints Bridge on Friday night.

The driver and his mate were doing a roaring trade selling pies to Saints fans on the way to the Salford game. Most enterprising !

I liked pimmies pies untill they changed the recipe then i went off them to much pepper

BUT THE BEST PIES (PORK) AND I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY TO BEAT THEM OR BUCHALL'S

didn't care much for pimbletts pies but he was a great full back

Good shout, bjconnelly - they always did great pies and blackcurrant tarts :drool:.

By the way, welcome to Connect :welcome:.

Welcome BJ,you can always tell the reutation of a pie shop at dinner time Thats why Blackburns is always chocker