SKYMAN

Murder He Wrote

I remember it Kizzy,didn't live that far from it.

I too remember that murder they moved the family to recreation street later couple of doors away from my gran

we knew who they were as it was less than a mile away / and anyway in the same town

But no one ever mentioned it

didn't a bloke in merton bank kill his wife in the 70s or did I dream that one

Edited by mally

Handsome Johnny

TM is correct kizzy - I didn't want to name him because he's probably long since served his sentence and may be out and about. His brother was MM and he got into trouble at West Park for viciously attacking some innocent kid from Eddy Camp at the 320 bus stop on Prescot Rd - bit of a thug.

if it's the same TM from sthelen he was in ashworth for assessment in 1990..

perhaps the most gruesome murder i can recall was in 1984 in the grounds of rainhill hospital when a young female patient from my ward was raped and strangled by a patient from the scott clinic, not content with that he then set fire to her body to try and cover his tracks. if you go into the wood on the annexe side you immediately are struck by an area absolutely covered in ivy (the only patch in the woods) this is the site of the murder.

this really upset me as i had formed a good therapeutic relationship with the young girl and had began to get her to talk to the staff on the ward about her feelings, as she had only answered in grunts and a breakthrough was tremendous. all of the staff on the ward were given a days leave to attend her funeral in birkenhead with staff from other wards covering for us.

Clearly not familiar with the schoolboy's code of omerta. There was always a certain attitude on the part of some other schools to West Park boys. You took your life in your hands being seen in a green blazer, especially if Rivington Road lads were around. I was once cycling down Dilloway Street and was hit on the head by quite a large stone, thrown from a great distance.

They were quite good aimers those headmasters..lol

in 1895 a man named clitheroe was hanged in Liverpool for the murder of james Neville in union st. gerards bridge.

Hi Hiss, Do you have any more info. on the man named Clitheroe, that is my family name?

I already know about the James Clitheroe who was hanged in 1864 who I posted about on Post #9.

One of my ancestors, James Clitheroe was charged with Murder and was Hanged in 1864.

16/04/1864 James Clitheroe

THE EXECUTION OF JAMES CLITHEROE

Of St. Helen's, for the Murder of Mary Woods, this day. James Clitheroe..

Hi Phyll

I'm David Clitheroe and this is also one of my ancestors. It would be great to make contact and share some information about him and the current Clitheroes still living in St Helens.

Regards

David Clitheroe

Nay, there was a Barry Clitheroe as used to live on Greenbank but that was before your time. He had black hair and wore a jejeune air.

• Haha (+1) 1

Hi Topgrounder, Sorry I only just saw your post. :welcome:  to St. Helens Connect.

I wonder if "Barry" was a distant relation, all my Dad's Clitheroe relatives originated in Greenbank. :thumb:

Could well be. Barry Clitheroe married, I think, Christine Powell, Mike's sister and they all lived on Greenbank Crescent, fast by Peter Lyons. 

Happy days! though we're both a long way from Greenbank now.

• Like (+1) 1