Sign in to follow this  
Clancy

TV series from years ago.

Loved the Morecambe and Wise video Rob. It was nearly the same as the original wasn't it?ohyeah.gif

I never could decide who I liked more, David Soul or Paul Michael Glaser? And don't forget Huggy Bear. bear_yes.gif

This is Cool! afro.gif

Hi Phyll,I have the box set of the Invisable Man,being age ten at the time they didn't scare me,my eldest Grand-daughter loves watching them.

LOL, Well I was only 4! ohyeah.gif Later, David McCallum didn't frighten me. laugh.png

Edited by Phyll
  • Like (+1) 2

'The word on the street ' Phyll is Huggy was cool :)

Hi Phyll,I have the box set of the Invisable Man,being age ten at the time they didn't scare me,my eldest Grand-daughter loves watching them.

I bet you cant find themTessmop :)

This tune haunted me.It was a sunday night and reminded me of school,ive got the shivers

You haunt me Toyah Willcox

• Like (+1) 1

LOL Rob, Thanks for reminding me, I'd forgotten about that series, but your video didn't have the girl who danced in

silhouette, remember her? I don't remember what day it was on, but it says on this link it was Saturdays starting in 79,

even toppling Match of the Day from it's number 1 spot. It did have some great actors in it, just watched Toyah,

going to watch some more episodes now. ohyeah.gif Thanks again.

http://www.roalddahlfans.com/tvshows/talepr.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzEzwmAzZBs

• Like (+1) 2

'The word on the street ' Phyll is Huggy was cool

.. and sent up in every Police Squad episode i.e. Frank and the shoe shine lad.

• Like (+1) 1

Well Guys and Gals, I am a newbie. Have enjoyed reading all your memouries of the 1950's ,

Someone mentioned Arthur Haynes, wasn't he brilliant.

My favourite was OVER THE GARDEN WALL, with NORMAN EVANS.

He was from Blackpool, and his gravestone is a small GARDEN WALL

• Like (+1) 1

I see that the Clangers are coming back.

That's all very well but it don't half make me feel old having watched them with my two girls when they were little.

Who's next Muffin the Mule?.Those strings would stand out well in HD.

I see that the Clangers are coming back.

That's all very well but it don't half make me feel old having watched them with my two girls when they were little.

Who's next Muffin the Mule?.Those strings would stand out well in HD.

please keep your sexual preferences to yourself..ohyeah.gif? ohyeah.gif? ohyeah.gif?

please keep your sexual preferences to yourself..ohyeah.gif? ohyeah.gif? ohyeah.gif?

Nieghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Well Guys and Gals, I am a newbie. Have enjoyed reading all your memouries of the 1950's ,

Someone mentioned Arthur Haynes, wasn't he brilliant.

My favourite was OVER THE GARDEN WALL, with NORMAN EVANS.

He was from Blackpool, and his gravestone is a small GARDEN WALL

Hi Alan, welcome.gif to Connect. Who was from Blackpool? Norman Evans was from Rochdale.

But he was buried in Blackpool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6O-LiyxZa0

I loved Arthur Haynes too, I used to watch it with my Mum and Dad.

I remember when him and my Dad used to say, "Up to me neck in muck and bullets!"

(Which my Dad said he was in the war!)

I loved the way they never could keep a straight face. ohyeah.gif

Edited by Phyll

Thanks Phil for correcting me. Later in the day I realised my mistake. Sorry everyone.

I left St. Helens over 40 years ago, didn't realise how much I miss it reading this forum,

The input from everyone is fantastic,

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah Alan, I left nearly 20 years ago and I miss St. Helens sometimes too, where are you now?

Glad you are enjoying Connect. Keep posting, sounds like you have some great memories. ohyeah.gif

:wave: and welcome to Connect, Alan - always good to see new posters contributing their own memories. Usually triggers something deep within our own 'little grey cells' at the same time. Isn't it amazing how much suddenly bubbles to the surface - even after being 'buried deep in the memory' for many years. That's exactly what happened to me a couple of years ago when somebody mentioned 'the chicken window' in Cotham Street ... all of a sudden I was three or four years old again - gave me that eerie sense of deja vu.

The name 'Alan Fairhurst' sounds very familiar to me - did you perhaps go to Rivvy Road Juniors in the 50's?

Does anyone remember this?.. we used to try and impersonate him in the baths at school, Partrick Duffy pre Dallas Days!!!!

They only made one series eventhough it was very popular .. apparently kids kept drowning themselves thinking that they were the Man from Atlantis !!!!

does anyone remember owen MD,played by nigel stock,do you remember the theme tune and the advert it was also used for.

The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin. The first show I ever saw on ITV, 1954 I think.

Rin Tin Tin and the young kids name was Rusty, you will find a lot of Rin Tin Tin episodes on YouTube.

I remember the adventures of Hiram Holliday don't remember to much about it apart from him using his umbrella like a sword.

son just bought set of LAND OF THE GIANTS!-I switched on recently and watched HOGANS HEROES.Anyone really scared of Quatermass and the pit-not the one on last night though.

Edited by non sibi sed omnibus

I remember the adventures of Hiram Holliday don't remember to much about it apart from him using his umbrella like a sword.

I'd never heard of that one, but here it is!

"The entire series later ran on the BBC from the fall of 1960 to the summer of 1961.

In its BBC rerun, The Adventures of Hiram Holliday was the first US series to be shown five days a week in the same time slot."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Hiram_Holliday

I'd never heard of that one, but here it is!

"The entire series later ran on the BBC from the fall of 1960 to the summer of 1961.

In its BBC rerun, The Adventures of Hiram Holliday was the first US series to be shown

five days a week in the same time slot."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Hiram_Holliday

Edited by Phyll
  • Like (+1) 1