Sign in to follow this  
Alan

Things you don't see anymore

The Tiller Girls.

Anyone remember them, 1958?

• Like (+1) 1

Yes Hort, I remember them very well, I used to watch them every week with my Mum & Dad on "Sunday Night at the London Palladium". :thumbup:

They have a similar group of Women here in NY called "The Rockettes" who were originally inspired by "The Tiller Girls".

Founded in 1925 in St. Louis, they have performed at Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan, New York City, since 1932.

1200px-Rockettes_2239923477_139ea932b2.j
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Edited by Phyll

I loved to watch the Tiller Girls. I was a dance fan since childhood and watched them on Sundays at the palladium on our first telly

• Like (+1) 1

Sunday night at the Palladium is on Talking Pictures.it was on last night at 9 pm Tiller Girls and Cliff Richard and The Shadows first broadcast 1965.

• Like (+1) 1

I bet you were a PEDANTIC PAIN IN THE ARSE?Cutting up those little letters.Bet your parents tore their hair out when little Horty lost letters or even,God forbid put them in his mouth,,!!

No need for insults in this topic NSSO. Its just about things you do not see anymore.

I was just relating your pedantic attittude.You are the one with this attitude.I was myself brought up on those print sets.Thats how i could identify the moans etc when you lose those piddling letter squares etc.Unfortunately the pedantic way you act as maybe hit home.No insult just a remark.Like any one who has similar attitudes.

Mine was more of an interpersonal comment,like someone who has really set ideas.   So are you saying you are happy to be insulted elsewhere?

Edited by NSSO

Jumble (or rummage) sales. Usually held in church halls in aid of scouts etc.

I have clear memories of being taken to one in St Mary's church in Keswick Road in the 1940s. Rows of trestle tables covered in old clothes, curtains etc with scores of women thumbing through the stuff

• Like (+1) 1

I think the emergence of charity shops put pay to all that Alan but I remember them well 

Are car boot sales not a thing now? I suppose with Covid, etc...

You might get this on a car boot or on any old any boot.

You do not see this these days.

Anyone still got any?

z6oEQiI.jpg

12 hours ago, Dave said:

Are car boot sales not a thing now? I suppose with Covid, etc...

They was still making Bargain Hunt in the summer......socially distanced of course....but no masks.

Its the same with these now APPS for selling your stuff.We use ebay.

Mens public urinals around the older parts of St Helens

Alan,believe it or not but some years ago in the local paper someone asked this.There was then a concerted effort to try and  identify them all.