Sign in to follow this  
mishka

10 years searching ended

This should give hope to others like myself who have hit a brick wall. For over 10 years I have been firtling about trying to find out what happened to a Scots relative of himself, with no luck whatsoever. Left posts on various web-sites as this man's father was, in his day, a well known Scots author and Minister. No luck. Then yesterday, out of the blue, I was contacted by the present day Minister of the same Scots church where Dad had preached and he is researching Dad and wondered if I had any specific questions about the family. Within three hours he had put me in touch with two living descendents of the family who gave me full info on my missing person. Warms the cockles of your heart to know that perfect strangers can be so helpful. This has also happened with a great uncle of mine who seemed to have disappeared down a black hole somewhere - again, after 10 years searching, I got the answer from 'Holdings' who posts on here a few weeks ago and now have all the info I need to close off that branch of the tree. Keep hoping - walls can be knocked down.

• Like (+1) 1

You must be signed in to read this content.