Sign in to follow this  
gilly

St Helens hard cases?

Each generation has it's own hard men/cases,bad boys etc.I recall in the 60's Jonty Pilk,Gal Ormsley,Pat Brownbill(good tale with pat and jonty)70's brought familys from parr,G'S D;s from town H's etc etc ."Legends like Bri Mc, Tommy D ,Lenny C,,Johnny M, All the idiots like D.k.ie,Ti..de.rs etc Who were the ones other members remember and who are the ones knocking about now?

Tommy and Jacky Tickle from Earlstown. Tommy was living at Derby Hill when he died in 1980. He was only 34 when he died of lung cancer.

Tommy Duffy late of the blood bath in Fingerpost.

Remember the boys from the 70s,the M****r bros,one went living in the states I recall,used to have a drink with their sis and her bloke from time to time,the ti..drs,,,,,didn't one of them die a few yrs back? Tommy duffy used to work with my dad at one time,had a drink in his company a few times was a good bloke when I knew him.

Yes Alec is dead, he used to be in my class at Cowley. Not seen their Jimmy for years

The M..'s sister was a good friend of mine,she was harder than both the lads.Tommy duffy was a friend of my old fella and i knew him since i was a tot,he was a gentleman,unless you got on his wrong side! It was Alec who died,He mellowed a bit as he got older,i believe his brother was involved in a stabbing last year but i think he survived.

Yes Alec is dead, he used to be in my class at Cowley. Not seen their Jimmy for years

What years were you at Cowley ?

65-75?10 yrs?did they keep you back for being thick or was maths one of your poor subjects LOL.Getting back to Alec,he was a wasted soul,he was very intelligent,absolutely brilliant at conjuring tricks(best card cheat i knew).If he'd have been a bit softer he might have gone on to better things.I was never one of his bezzy mates but i used to have a drink with him and as i said he mellowed.We were on the door together at the northern union,i took the entrance money and he threw 'em out if it kicked off LOL

I spent a season or two playing darts for the N.U. circa 1977-80. Think a cockney had it at the time.

Look again Gilly 66- 75 You should've gone to Specsavers lol Working it out I was actually there 8 years so the dates are very dubious. I was 11 in Dec 66 so it might've been 67 - 75. I did do an extra year due to not getting enough O'level's to get in the 6th form first time around

Edited by DJGAZZA

Sorry Gaz!You're right about the eyes though.

I knew most of them you mention.I also knew tommy duffy from being a kid He knew my dad who used to be steward of the blood tub mid to late 60s

Edited by gangad

I new and know most of them the real hardmen are for the best part nice blokes..Not gobshites..One I will name because he as passed away was Douggie 'Hammer' Hayes who was once a ENFORCER for the Cray`s..you would never know.

I don`t know if we are at cross purposes but duggie is still with us he`s about early sixties in age came from eldon street i think

Actually duggie is nearer to seventy i have now been told

Edited by gangad

I would hope I am wrong..but I was told he`d kicked it?..But i am 4k miles away..sometimes its nice tobe wrong..I had a phone call to say he had passed away.