Sign in to follow this  
wrb

Thomas Shaw and Harriet Tickle

Hi All

Next time anybody is in Holy Trinity C.E. Parr Mount could they do me a look up please, the marriage between Thomas Shaw and Harriet Tickle, January 26th 1907.

Also looking for any info on a John William Tickle possibly the illegitimate child of Harriet Tickle born 1898, there was no father listed on his marriage to Sarah Knapper at Holy Trinity C.E. June 11th 1921 wit Joseph Green Catherine Ellen Knapper. 1911 census states John William Tickle aged 12 step son to Thomas Shaw, also listed is Harold Tickle aged 4 another possible illegitimate child of Harriet, I have not ruled out that both children could be the children of Thomas Shaw, no baptisms as been found so far could be at Holy Trinity C.E.

Thanks

Ron

Hi, just been having a look at old posts and I came across this. Is this by any chance the same Thomas Shaw? maybe from a previous marriage.

POKER KILLING – On March 14th 1895, Thomas Shaw of 39 Burtonhead Road was sentenced to 12 months hard labour for the manslaughter of his wife Elizabeth. The 23-years-old colliery engine tenter denied striking her over the head with an iron poker on November 25th 1894 during a drunken row. Shaw said Elizabeth had aggravated him, so he threw the poker at his wife to frighten her but it bounced off a wall and penetrated an inch and a half into her skull. Shaw’s father, Thomas Snr., backed up his son's account, telling the court that his late daughter-in-law had had an "irritating tongue".

Hi Flowerpower - Don't think so, my Thomas Shaw was born 1867 in Runcorn so this Thomas is 5 years out, only the marriage record will tell us if my Thomas was a widower before he married Harriet, thanks for the info.

I thought it might not be it was just a guess. I have done a fair bit of research into the Shaw family myself as these are descendants of mine but its quite a popular name so there could have been several families with this name like nowadays I suppose.